Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Live Arico Information and news

Thanks to Ann, I didnt realise that. Great stuff x

Well..a very interesting start to our "ever packed full of news week"..and it´s only Tuesday ( well technically Wednesday !) ...more silly goings on, the Spanish supporters have this under control for a change !...a good start to the week with adoptions....of course intakes from all over the place...a very kind donation from Shane of a signed Shirley Bassey L P which has been independently valued at between 200-400 pounds. A first edition Scott´s book of poetry with a date of 1853 inscribed, E Bay here we come or who´s up for it over here Lot´s of building improvements about to take place at the refuge, a professional engineer arriving to have a volunteer holiday to help at the refuge, sad stories and good stories....and onwards we go. A fab benefit to take place on Saturday at San Blas , Golf Del Sur tying in with the opening of Nicky Cooke the boxer´s, new bar "The Ringside "...Nicky has supported us in the past and now we will support him too. Have a peaceful night everyone XXX

Just a quick "whats happenning".
    The plan to buy the finca moves on, and preliminary contracts are almost at the point of being signed. We will all breathe a bit easier if / when that comes off.
    The shops have been very quiet this month, as is usual without our generous swallows, but with our costs higher than ever, we sure have felt the pinch this summer, juggling money around and even loaning money from our own pockets to keep the dogs fed and watered. A ad campaign is underway which we hope will get people through the doors. A fourth shop is opening in San Isidro soon, Ill keep you posted.
    The €1000 (ish) per month I bring in from fundraising is a mere 10% of our costs. Our idea of getting a lot of people to give a little is well under way, and we have people subscribing to be members on the website on a daily basis. This needs constant mentions on Facebook and Twitter, and I would ask any forum members on either of these social networking sites to "Share" this info. Just one click on the website homepage sets it up - so easy.
    This Tuesday sees us at the Oasis pool bar, Fairway Village, Golf del Sur, from 7.30 with myself, Colin Stevens, Phil Gibson, Sebastian, Charlie Karlsen and Tanya Tevaro. Tickets are almost sold out so be quick.
    We return to Restaurant Maria at El Nautico on the 9th September and hope for a repeat of the hugely sucessful night we pulled off back in June. This time its a BBQ / salad supper at €12, and we have the one and only Nick Page entertaining us.
    September 30th we are at Ocean View, Comodoro, Los Cristianos for pie and pea supper with Hi de Hi´s Paul Shane as compere. Should be a laugh.
    Carrying on searching for a high profile patron. Martin Clunes and Paul o Grady are being contacted, so fingers crossed.
    Lastly, we have the Gillian Bank Theatre School here at the end of October for a week of concerts. Look for one near you, the shows will be highly professional and Live Arico will be there to benefit.
    Thats it for now, got to go to work. Sue

See you tomorrow, The one on the 9th sounds good, Nick Page alwyas pulls a good crowd. Is Paul Shane staying in Tenerife or coming over especially for us haha

He's here anyway, lol. That will be a good laugh. Hi de Hi!!!

The "do" at el nautico was a huge success, we raised a massive €1000. As before in this venue, we were sold out 48 hours before the event and turning people away. The level of suppport we have warms my heart and makes it all worth while, well, almost. After a very difficult week where Eugene lost his lovely Mum, the water was also cut and Solange from el nautico and myself spent 3 hectic hours getting it reconnected so the dogs could drink water, on one of the hottest days of the year. Although we realised time was running out for settling the bill, no advance notice was issued, and although I am not one for conspiracy theories it seemed like obstacles were put in our way to resolve the situation. Again, we called on our support network, acquired €1500, and paid it, running into entermanser with 2 minutes to spare before closing time. Although clearly shocked we had done it, they had no choice but to reconnect.
    True Challenge Anneka!!
    This summer has been horrendous, but advertising on Oasis FM has brought people into the shops and we´re pulling back little by little. We´re nothing if not tryers!!
    Memberships are going well, (see alternative thread).
    Our fourth shop has opened, Amigos de Live Arico (slightly different model) is in San Isidro, near the primary school. Pay a visit.
    We absolutely cannot take any more dogs, the financial burden is just too high. So what to do when Eugene and I happened upon a beautiful female doberman cross, stood frozen against the central reservation on the TF1?
    After pulling over, I dare not keep looking in the rear view mirror as Eugene ran up the hard shoulder, and the dog started to cross the road. I saw the cars slowing down and the hazard lights going on. next time I dared to open my eyes he was walking back to the car, unharmed dog in arms. She was understandably terrified, but lucky to be alive. We left her in Hospivet overnight to calm down, she is now being fostered at MaDat, but we have a couple coming to see her at the weekend. She cannot go to the refuge so we have to find her a home. She may yet go to Germany. Things could have been so very different.
    next fundraiser is at Ocean View, Hotel Comodoro, with Hi de Hi´s Paul Shane, and kracka as the blues Brothers. PM me for tickets, €6 to include pie and pea supper. Think thats it for now. Love you all lots xxxx

Well done you at the fundraiser, well done eugene for saving the dog, well done the people who helped get the water back on and well done the customers in all the shops for the fantastic support you have shown the refuge xxxx
    i read somewhere that ' when you help rescue, abandond and neglected animals you might lose your mind...but you find your soul' xx

Our half year figures are available :-

Our three charity shops made a net profit of €22,080.39 from January to June inclusive. We thank Claudia, Trish and Siobhan for managing the shops, and all their hardworking volunteers. You are all stars. All the coins in our collection boxes totalled a further €4137.21. They do add up. My benefits brought in €5445, and we thank all the acts who constantly give us their time. We are lucky to be able to call upon the very best of talent when we need to, and, as was proved at Restaurant Maria, we sure can put on the best of events. Donations made were €4982, which gave us a total income of €36,644.60 In reality, our running costs are around €10,000 per month, and once again the shortfall has been met by our vets, Hospivet Sur in Las Chafiras and our feed supplier. We constantly strive to reduce our debts with both entities, and our membership scheme has had a good start – we hope it will continue to give us this extra, most needed income. Next week we will publish figures regarding numbers of dogs in and out.

Thanks for the information Suzy I shall get something printed off for the customers, these figures show just how important their support is . Hopefully the next 6 months will be even busier and we can make a dent in those debts xxx

Just a wee note to thank forum member williethetim and his lovely wife, who sought us out in our little cave in San Eugenio to give us a donation whilst they are here on holiday, many thanks. Also thanks to Gary from 'Rotations' Second Hand Shop who dropped of a rail for the new shop and some great clothes, your all stars xxxxxx

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast