User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: What over the counter medicines and antibiotics can you get in Tenerife?

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender:
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What over the counter medicines and antibiotics can you get in Tenerife?

    Hi all, my first thread on this forum. May I ask what sort of medicines can you buy over the counter in pharmacies in Tenerife? In particular must penicillin be prescribed by a doctor or perhaps a dentist?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)
     

  3. #2
    Mega Elite Tenerifian Suej's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Chayofa
    Posts
    4,343
    Thanks
    8,943
    Thanked 4,622 Times in 2,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a clamp down on selling Anti-biotics in Tenerife although there are one or two pharmarcias that still do sell prescription drugs over the counter but you can´t rely on that. There are English GP´s who will be able to give you a prescription but obviously you have to pay for that appointment as well as for your prescription at the Chemist.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suej For This Useful Post:

    fritzy (05-01-2012)

  5. #3
    Super Tenerifian Goforgold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    South Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    2,093
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 829 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suej View Post
    There is a clamp down on selling Anti-biotics in Tenerife although there are one or two pharmarcias that still do sell prescription drugs over the counter but you can´t rely on that. There are English GP´s who will be able to give you a prescription but obviously you have to pay for that appointment as well as for your prescription at the Chemist.
    Do you if there any reciprocals for pensioners on holiday from the UK?

  6. #4
    Mega Elite Tenerifian Suej's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Chayofa
    Posts
    4,343
    Thanks
    8,943
    Thanked 4,622 Times in 2,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goforgold View Post
    Do you if there any reciprocals for pensioners on holiday from the UK?
    You would have to bring your prescription meds with you or pay to see a Doctor to get your prescription for your medication...remember that some drugs are not available here so that can create a problem!

  7. #5
    Super Tenerifian Goforgold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    South Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    2,093
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 829 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remembered when OH was ill we went to the health centre in Los Cris and the visit to the doctor and injection he gave him were free but we had to pay for the prescriptions at the chemist. We had that EU card thingy though.

  8. #6
    Super Tenerifian Skeggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23,868
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 904 Times in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goforgold View Post
    Just remembered when OH was ill we went to the health centre in Los Cris and the visit to the doctor and injection he gave him were free but we had to pay for the prescriptions at the chemist. We had that EU card thingy though.
    recently on holiday my wife saw a doctor using the EHIC card, the Doctor gave a prescription for which we paid 40% of the cost at the Farmacia, my wife is a pensioner and should have received the prescription free the Doctor gave her the wrong colour prescription, Green you pay, Red/Brown is for pensioners and qualifies for free medication.

  9. #7
    Mega Elite Tenerifian Suej's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Chayofa
    Posts
    4,343
    Thanks
    8,943
    Thanked 4,622 Times in 2,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggy View Post
    recently on holiday my wife saw a doctor using the EHIC card, the Doctor gave a prescription for which we paid 40% of the cost at the Farmacia, my wife is a pensioner and should have received the prescription free the Doctor gave her the wrong colour prescription, Green you pay, Red/Brown is for pensioners and qualifies for free medication.
    I stand corrected Skeggy! I am not a pensioner but thought the same rules applied! so sorry to OP if I have given the wrong info! I was told that the EHIC was for emergencies only!

  10. #8
    Super Tenerifian cainaries's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    La Palma
    Posts
    2,775
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggy View Post
    recently on holiday my wife saw a doctor using the EHIC card, the Doctor gave a prescription for which we paid 40% of the cost at the Farmacia, my wife is a pensioner and should have received the prescription free the Doctor gave her the wrong colour prescription, Green you pay, Red/Brown is for pensioners and qualifies for free medication.
    But did you tell the doctor she was a pensioner?!

  11. #9
    Super Tenerifian timmylish's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Posts
    2,301
    Thanks
    1,669
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And is Spain and the UK in the same ages for female pensionistas?

  12. #10
    Super Tenerifian Goforgold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    South Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    2,093
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 829 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggy View Post
    recently on holiday my wife saw a doctor using the EHIC card, the Doctor gave a prescription for which we paid 40% of the cost at the Farmacia, my wife is a pensioner and should have received the prescription free the Doctor gave her the wrong colour prescription, Green you pay, Red/Brown is for pensioners and qualifies for free medication.
    How would I know if I we paid 40% of the cost at the Farmacia Skeggy? I just handed it over without looking at it. Is that 40% for anyone using an EHIC card?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suej View Post
    I stand corrected Skeggy! I am not a pensioner but thought the same rules applied! so sorry to OP if I have given the wrong info! I was told that the EHIC was for emergencies only!
    The OP is probably a whippersnapper like Andy2010 !!
    Last edited by Goforgold; 05-01-2012 at 18:20.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goforgold For This Useful Post:

    Ecky Thump (05-01-2012), primrose (05-01-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

can you buy antibiotics over the counter in tenerife

can you buy antibiotics over the counter in spain

over the counter medication tenerifecan you buy penicillin in spaincan you buy amoxysillin in tenerifebuying antibiotics in tenerifetenerife medicinesCan u bye antibiotics over the counter in tenarifecan i buy antibiotics over the counter in tenerifeotc antibiorics in tenerifewhat antibiotics can you buy over the counter in tenerifeover the counter antibocan i buy over the counter with bonitas medical aid cardcan you buy penicillin over the counter in tenerifeantibiotics over counter in spaincan i buy antibiotics over the counter in spainpenicillin over counter spaincan you buy antibiotics from pharmacy in Spain can you buy antibiotics in spaincan you buy antibiotics give the counter in spaincan you purchase penicillin over the counter in spainCan you get antibiotics in spin from a phrmcyCan i buy nurofen with my bonitas medical aid cardcan you purchase antibotics from over the counter in spainbuying antibiotics in spain
SEO Blog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

POSTS ON TENERIFE FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED

Please click the "Report Post" button under any post which may breach our terms of use.