User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Tenerife hospital experience on breaking my leg!

Amarilla Golf & Cheshire
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My Tenerife hospital experience on breaking my leg!

It's now 21 weeks since I broke my leg.

I had my cast off at 13 weeks, and went into the walking boot shown in the avatar. I returned immediately to Tenerife, and have done 2 hrs a day physio in the pool, practicing walking and swimming. I have had no professional physio.

I can now fully weight bear, and can walk short distances with no crutches. It's just a case now of building up the distance and getting my confidence back. I am still very afraid of falling again, and the pavements and ground in Tenerife are shocking!

I go back to the UK on Friday for my hospital check up, and am expecting to be discharged.

Anyone who has a similar accident here needs to be very careful of unnecessary procedures being carried out for profit. If I had had private insurance, I would now have a metal rod in my leg which I would not have needed, and who knows what problems that could cause in the future? I could have been left with a lifetime of problems, and in the meantime there would have been an extra (probably) 10,000€ in the coffers at Hospiten. I can't see there being much change out of that for an orthopaedic surgical team plus anaesthetist. It could have even been more!

A nice little earner for private hospitals in a holiday area. I bet they rub their hands every time a tourist comes in with a broken limb!
    Enjoying the best of both worlds

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Cambridgeshire/Amarilla Golf
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleased to hear all is going well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Su1 For This Useful Post:

Tom & Sharon (18-06-2012)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Thanked 8,750 Times in 3,671 Posts
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sharon
    Glad to hear you are on the mend

Jim

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angusjim For This Useful Post:

Tom & Sharon (18-06-2012)

Singapore city
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel sorry to you !!Your experience is very poor!

La Escalona
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my husband tripped and fractured a rib went to green hospital was asked for insurance xrayed and admitted within 2 hrs as he also had a hematoma behind rid .he suffers with angina and was asked did he want oh bugger cant remember the name any wayu its putting a fine line through main vein in groin to heart so they can take a look he said no thanks had one in england .food was disgusting had to take in take aways nurse would throw not pass pkt to me to add to his water father christmas visited lol gave him bag sweets discharged on the monday had to pay 70 euros excess no problem but had to wait 5hrs for fax they said from insurance company i was back and fro to office eventually got the fax it had been sitting there for5hrs had no need to sit there but when we left no xrays not sure id take hubby again but he insisted even though adeje was nearer next time he will do as his bloodywell told lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carpdaught1 For This Useful Post:

Tom & Sharon (21-06-2012)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Visitors found this page by searching for:

green hospital tenerife

TENERIFE HOSPITAL

the green hospital tenerife

hospitals tenerife

hospitals in tenerifehospiten sur tenerife spainhospiten sur tenerifehospital scam tenerifeprivate hospitals in tenerifegreen clinic tenerifehospiten sur reviewsmy hospital experiencedoctor whittakers receptionist in tenerifespanish broadband telecommunicationshospiten sur tenerife reviewsbreaking my ankle via a phone calltenerife hospital reviewyemergency hospitals in tenerifeenglish reports on hospiten surhospitales en tenerife sursur hospital tenerifetenerife hospitals main hospitaltenerife hospiten sur englishhospital in tenerife spainhospiten tenerife reviews
SEO Blog