Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of an era. The Full Monty closes in the Patch, Las Americas

End of an era. The Full Monty closes in the Patch, Las Americas

*Please note that The Full Monty Bar is open and has relocated to the other side of The Patch, where Central Station Bar used to be* - Mod edit

I was informed earlier today that The Full Monty bar on The Patch closes it's doors tonight for the last time. Having spent a lot of my late teens and 20's in that area I have nothing but fond memories of the place and I'm genuinely gutted that it's now just another bar confined to the Tenerife scrapheap.

I hope it's not another nail in the coffin for The Patch as I know that many people travelled far and wide to visit and in doing so used some of the smaller bars helping keep them afloat.

Good luck to the staff, hope they all find work in the tough climate that Tenerife finds itself in, and thanks for the good times over the last 15 or so years. I for one will miss it.
    Last edited by KirstyJay; 11-11-2012 at 12:11.
     ...to the topTop

have 2 say i`m very surprised..i thought it was always pretty busy in there.
     ...to the topTop

Just saw it on jamie Drews Facebook. Such a shame, that was one of THE places to be when I moved here in ´97.
     ...to the topTop

My son and his mates will be devastated they spent most of their holiday in that bar in June last year and were making it a definate when they come back later this year. They said they made some great friends and felt so welcome what a shame.
     ...to the topTop

I believe the Dubliner/Gaelic Corner have bought it.
    Just when i thought i was out............They pull me back in.
     ...to the topTop

Costa Del Everton
    I also had some great times in there in the early 90s when it was called the "Mull of Kintyre/Spud pub the owner was a crazy Glaswegian named Allie and after that it became Dennis the Menace 2,Freddie Looney tunes was in a duo with Martin (Rod Stewart) and the whole of the Patch was bouncing,it then changed to The Full Monty and always seemed busy,great location and sad to see it will become part of the Dubliner/Gaelic corner! Oh for the good old days!!!
     ...to the topTop

I recall the days of Martin (r.i.p.) and Freddie there. When it was Full Monty at start, the compere was mental, but funny, cant recall his name? Big guy, letting off fire extinguishers at a certain nationality.
    Just when i thought i was out............They pull me back in.
     ...to the topTop

Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
    It happens all the time - I never believed that Summer nights in LC would close - but it did!
    Is it holiday time yet?
     ...to the topTop

walsall
    one of the first bars we went into after people on the forum recommended it on this forum about 6 or 7 years ago, there was a Chinese looking entertainer singing elvis songs lol, but a great night, i compiled a list of bars to go into with the help that we received from the forum when we first started coming over, princess diana bar was another with gangsters and both of those had shut before we got to try them the measure of a bar is in its longevity, if it's still open after say 10 years then whatever they are doing it's working
     ...to the topTop

Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
    The first time we visited Tenerife was brilliant, so the following year we returned to the same area, only to find so many bars and restaurants had closed. One never knows what will remain the same on return the following year.
    Is it holiday time yet?
     ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast