Thread: Electrician seeking work in Tenerife

Adeje, south Tenerife

Electrician seeking work in Tenerife

Qualified to 17th edition, 20+ years experience in commerical, public sector & domestic. Moving to Tenerife July/Aug - depending on work opportunity.

Re: Electrician seeking work in Tenerife

did you make the move? find any work?

Adeje, south Tenerife

Hello Kirsty,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to you.
    We have been delayed in moving out there, actually come out next month. As yet no work offer has been secured - do you know of anything?

[QUOTE=Beverley Veness;220502]Hello Kirsty,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to you.
    We have been delayed in moving out there, actually come out next month. As yet no work offer has been secured - do you know of anything?[/QUOTE

Let me know how you get on if you find work as an ElectricianI would love to work out there. Have you spoke to any local contractors?

Chayofa

If you do a search on this site you can find the answers you need. Now I really hate to sound negative but UK regs are sooo out of wack from EU/ES regs that they are worthless. Second unless you speak technical Spanish you have no hope of getting a job. This is a Spanish Island and many South Americans who speak Spanish are working for electrical installation companies for 40 - 50€ per day. If you want to work in this industry you have virtually no chance unless can read and understand the regs and pass an interview in Spanish. I really don't mean to pee on your bonfire but you need to be realistic about your expectations if you move here. I have been here 26 years and there aint many that last, most of the friends I have made are now scattered across the globe. Good luck with what ever you decide but the more homework you do before you get here the better!

Puerto de la Cruz

I have a Canarian friend fully qualified Electrician and he is only getting work in dribs and drabs since the recession . In fact he is thinking of trying Germany. He has contacts there so busy now learning German.