Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shih Tzu puppy

Shih Tzu puppy

shih tzu puppy wanted as soon as possible the younger the better, preferably a girl.

Re: shih tzu puppy wanted

Why dont you go to one of the many dogs homes and see if they have any little dogs, i got my dog from the street 12 years ago and she is a cross shih tzu.

Re: Shih Tzu puppy

Am I wrong to be concerned about this post? A few days ago you were posting for a Maltese puppy, now its a shih tzu. Is it a dog you want or a fashion statement?

Maybe my view is different because of my age and the fact that Ive had pets over the years that I have loved so dearly, it mattered not what their pedigree was, just that I loved them, and they were an important part of my life and my family. I think the part that catches my attention the most is the 'younger the better', a puppy is only a puppy for a very short time. What happens when its an adult dog? Is it loved less? abandoned for a younger model?

If im wrong I apologise, I know I shouldnt judge, but a pet isnt a toy, its a life long commitment.

well said, I was thinking the same, have a wonderful doggie here, staffy cross, little girl, one year old, could not ask for a better dog, but not a PEDIGREE, they seem to have alot go wrong, whereas, the heinz variety dont, and they seem to have better personalities, whereas PEDIGREES can be "tetchy" ......................

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

anyone want to give her a home, one of the best dogs I have ever looked after, her bro has been homed, just little girl to get a home for, what a delight she is .......
    Non barking
    Loving
    Gets on with all dogs
    Dont know she is there
    BEAUTIFUL little girl, mummy gone back to the UK .............
    PETS@HOME
    Dogs @ 6.50 per night / Cats @ 5.00 per night
    Introducing PetEX
    EXperts in EXporting Pets back to the UK

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio

why don't you tell us a little more Gazzzy, is the dog wanted for you and your family?
    or are you maybe acting as a third party acquiring a dog for someone else?
    does seem a bit odd when you were asking about another breed recently

I must say the Canarians do seem to have an obsession with cute, small dogs, I see lots everytime I'm in Las Galletas and wonder if they pay extortionate amounts of money to get them.No problem with that, but I also wonder if they love these little dogs just as much when they get a little bigger and even into old age.

Hope I'm not misjudging anyone, not meaning to give offence, just can't help wondering

tenerife

maybe hes got a small house and wants a little dog. its not really for us to judge. im sure hed get a rescue dog if one fitted in with what he wants. maybe hes already looked in the rescues. he doesnt really have to justify himself to us tho.
    I ran into my ex the other day. So I pulled into reverse and ran into him again.

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio

Quite agree, he doesn't need to justify anything.... a reply would be nice though

This is why I told him to duck and take cover in his last post.....

Loads of dogs on this island need a good home, But....
    Just because we live on an island that doesn't seem to give a crap about animals why should we have clean up after careless owners? Why can't we be breed specific? Why can't we enjoy owning a puppy? Why do people make if difficult?

Moving to Tenerife shouldn't be about rescuing a dog. Should it?

Gazzy welcome to the forum and I hope you find what you are looking for.

BTW> The shelters are overloaded with unwanted pets and you will find a Canarian poodles called a Caniches at most of them all needing a good home. These dogs do not molt and are very similar to the dogs that you have mentioned.

People on here can be bullies

Super Tenerifian tracy hampshire's Avatar

icod de los vinos

i have a mixed breed, yorkie cross poodle, & depending how long her hair is she often gets mistaken for a pedigree, we have had everything from a shih tzu to a tbetan terrier, she was free to anyone who would take her, we got her at six weeks, and now at 3 years she is the love of my life, don´t tell the hubby, but seriously you can get some amazing cross breeds, that don´t come with the problems that pedigree dogs come with, so if this is an option, have a look at one of the shelters over here, you might just turn out as happy as i am with my little four legged pal x

hi there to everyone who has commented, actually i am garys 16 year old daughter who has recently moved to tenerife with my family, i havnt made many friends yet and am finding myself very lonley, our family has already got a dog however hes a mummys boy and prefurs to cuddle up to her constantly. i would like to have my own baby to bath,brush and spoil, the reason im looking for a pedigree puppy and not an adult dog in a shelter is because i have two younger siblings ages 5 and 7, not knowing the history and behaviour of a sheltered dog could endanger them, as you all should well know some dogs can turn nasty unexspectedly. a puppy brought up with the family is less likely to bring harm, i find some of your comments hurtful and rude, especially when you didnt know the circumstances, i love my brother and sister and would never bring harm to them so if you have a problem with that then you are obviously not a very nice person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast