Thread: Anyone had their dog operated on for womb infection in Tenerife?

Anyone had their dog operated on for womb infection in Tenerife?

Hi there,
    Well my poor lab got diagnosed with a womb infection, has anyone had their dog operated on for this over here? What were your experiences and costs like?
    Many thanks.

Re: Anyone had their dog operated on for womb infection?

If it were me then costs would not come into it other than getting the best surgical care available. Don,t know your vet but they may suggest a hospital in the North. If that is the case then the one in Taco (I,ll find the info if you get that far) would be my choice. Not cheap but brilliant.

Re: Anyone had their dog operated on for womb infection in Tenerife?

Thanks Tim, she's been given the green light to have antibiotics for the moment and another test when they finish. Stressing times indeed, she seems to be much better now. Thanks for your input on the Taco consultancy.

Re: Anyone had their dog operated on for womb infection in Tenerife?

Totally agree with Timmylish here and I hope your Lab is responding well to treatment. Is it early stages of a pyometra? If so you are very lucky to catch it.

The best equipped vet in the South is El Madronal in Adeje, those guys are amazing in there.

What a lots of people don't realise is that by spaying your dogs you eliminate the risk of this horrible infection, and so if anyone is reading this that just thinks that by spaying your bitch it just stops seasons and pregnancy then you don't have all the facts.
    Many people see castration and spaying as unnecessary costs or even cruel to the animal but in fact you are enhancing and prolonging their lives.