Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Arico Featured Dog

Live Arico Featured Dog

Ok, this has worked in the past. We have around 370 dogs in the refuge. Some are rehomed soooo easily, for example 2 puppies found in the bins this week. In and out within 2 days. Some have the publicity, like Junior, a Port Royalle puppy. Some are gorgeous, some are ugly and stay for years, its a lottery really. However, what we do notice is, when you take ONE out of the mix and feature it, it works, and a home is found. Look at our lovely Dodo, flying to the UK this autumn.
    So its a kind of "spotlight on" thread. I am going to push one dog at a time on here, when that dog has a home, I move onto the next.

Meet Max. Max is sad. He is around 9 years old, and when we look at his history, we see, he spent 18 months in K9, and has since been shunted from pillar to post. He is so sweet, we dont know why this is. He is very quiet, and has to be segregated from the bulk of the dogs as they tend to pick on him. He is lovely. He needs mountains of TLC and will give mountains of love in return. If you are reading this from the UK, we can send him there, at approximately €1000. PM me for more details. If you are here, he is yours for €70 which includes all vaccinations, chip, etc etc.
    Can you give Max a home?

Happy days!!!! After featuring Max on our facebook page, I have an appointment to meet a potential owner with him on Monday. Im taking him to Top Dog first for a pampering session,so fingers crossed everyone please.

Bonnie Scotland
    I hope all goes well with Max Suzy - he looks adorable.

Good luck max - may your forever home be right round the corner ...

hes lovely, i really hope it goes well and he finds a home. Older dogs may not be as cute as babies, but they give so much love and seem to appreciate their chance of a home more. Fasi was at Live Arico for a long time and only came to me by accident because of her cancer treatment. Initially people can be wary of her because of her squint teeth that make her look like she is growling sometimes, but you could not meet a more loving, patient, obedient dog, she is so laid back She loves everyone and everything and is a great favourite with the customers and people around the shop. So if you are thinking about adopting a dog, please try to look beyond the obvious, spend a little time with the dogs to discover their personalities. I am blessed to have Fasi, shes a joy x

She is adorable CT. And so is Max, so crossing everything

Well, the story of Max has been a little difficult to say the least. He has a cist on his chest which needs daily treatment, and he is on anti biotics and cortisone. Worst of all though, it looks to the vets as though he may have lymphoma, in wnich case they predict he may only live 4 to 6 months. This isnt confirmed yet, he is back at the vets on Monday and with the infection clear, it should be easier to see what else is going on. He has lost 25% of his body weight in 10 months so clearly there are serious issues. Despite all this, we have rehomed to a friend of mine, a single lady living alone, who is fully aware of the facts and just wants to give him some TLC and a nice place to live out his days. I am trying to fundraise his medical care as a seperate issue so as to not add to our huge bill with the amazing Hospivet Sur. If anyone can help me with this please PM for my paypal account.

So, with Max out of the refuge, todays featured dog is Tano, a male mixed breed caniche cross, 2 years old. Some weeks ago he was found knocked down outside the refuge. he has a broken hip, but is getting better and resting in Hospivet Sur. he needs a home, affection and attention, can you help?

Its good to hear Max has a loving home, read on facebook that he is setteling in nicely. Hope little Tano can find someone, do you think he was ran over near the refuge, or someone dumped him there after he was run over somewhere else. Either way i suppose its a blessing he was found where and when he was.

SuzyQ, what a wonderful thread u have started. As u possible have read I was looking for a home for LUCKY whos owner died.
    With Astaras help and this forum he was rehomed in days .............. so what u are doing is abs wonderful and I agree one doggie at a time, so we can see their story ................
    A picture of LUCKY and his new owner outside the Live Arico Shop last Saturday ............
    PETS@HOME
    Dogs @ 6.50 per night / Cats @ 5.00 per night
    Introducing PetEX
    EXperts in EXporting Pets back to the UK

Thanks Shirley. I know, it does work, taking one out of the mix

CT, its impossible to know isnt it. Tano was dumped outside the refuge either beofre or after being knocked down. Its just a nightmare - no wonder our costs are spiralling Now with San Miguel not working with Accion Sol theres no prizes for guessing where their dogs will be going......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast