User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria versus Playa de las Americas, Tenerife

Been meaning to do this for awhile now so here go's. I have been to tenerife 3 times now in the past 6 years and this summer I went to puerto rico and the difference I'm afraid to say is unbelievable. I think las americas needs to change alot as I feel it has turned into a horrible place and compared to puerto rico its a even worse place. First I think tenerife needs to get rid of the hookers on the corners everynight, in the ten days in rico i never seen one! Then as for lucky lucky men they need to be kept from going into bars, and restaurants and hassling people who are paying the wage of the bar owners, in rico they are not allowed into the bars and in the ten days I seen about 5 of them and not one of them hassled me! PR's in tenerife are a joke they turn more people away from bars then get them in, there are some in rico but a no and your done no hassle! The beach is so clean and there are no sellers allowed onto it. I have to say I dont think I would return to tenerife after been to rico there is just too much wrong with tenerife that I have noticed after been to rico.

I dont mean to offend anyone by this its just my review.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: puerto rico vs playa de las americas

Oh dear, will anyone from the tourism office read this and see what appears to be a problem?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

em no but maybe a bar owner or 2 mite and maybe tell the prs to **** off or even better the lucky lucky men

Lancashire
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to Puerto Rico in July and in my opinion I thought it was a dump (apart from where I was). I stayed opposite the Marina and it was a lovely area and excellent restaurants nearby. The rest of it was hilly and as for eating in a Shopping Centre that was a joke, wouldn't even think about it.

Tenerife beats it hands down!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you seen any hookers? Or when you where eating was there any lucky lucky men hassling you to buy there rubbish?

Tipperary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Puerto Rico must have changed in the last couple of years because the Puerto Rico that I remember was a concrete block with tormenting PRs outside every bar and restaurant we passed. And the chinese ladies selling stupid kids toys tormented the heck out of us in every bar and restaurant we went into all night every night . The Lucky Lucky lads were all over the Commercial Centre and my husband was approached a couple of nights by ladies of the night when walking back from the pub after we had gone on ahead . Tenerife has its problems like any holiday resort but to say it is worse than PR is wrong . Give me Tenerife any time over PR .

Tenerifian

bournemouth/tenerife
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Puerto Rico vs Playa de las Americas

Quote Originally Posted by mini--c View Post
    Been meaning to do this for awhile now so here go's. I have been to tenerife 3 times now in the past 6 years and this summer I went to puerto rico and the difference I'm afraid to say is unbelievable. I think las americas needs to change alot as I feel it has turned into a horrible place and compared to puerto rico its a even worse place. First I think tenerife needs to get rid of the hookers on the corners everynight, in the ten days in rico i never seen one! Then as for lucky lucky men they need to be kept from going into bars, and restaurants and hassling people who are paying the wage of the bar owners, in rico they are not allowed into the bars and in the ten days I seen about 5 of them and not one of them hassled me! PR's in tenerife are a joke they turn more people away from bars then get them in, there are some in rico but a no and your done no hassle! The beach is so clean and there are no sellers allowed onto it. I have to say I dont think I would return to tenerife after been to rico there is just too much wrong with tenerife that I have noticed after been to rico.

I dont mean to offend anyone by this its just my review.
    which puerto rico are we we talking about the only one i know is an island off miami,

Costa Del Everton
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willowlily View Post
    which puerto rico are we we talking about the only one i know is an island off miami,

I assume he is talking about Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria,im afraid it doesn't compare to Tenerife,if i remember correctly you were advised on here by a few not to stay in your chosen (cheap tacky location with horrendous reviews on Tripadvisor) because of certain problems, you could have taken the advice on here and not seen a hooker for the duration of your holiday! Simples!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AL JAY For This Useful Post:

blondie (16-09-2012), warbey (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell us why you are on a Tenerife Forum if you dislike it so much ? Strange !

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Please tell us why you are on a Tenerife Forum if you dislike it so much ? Strange !

Tenerifian

Bonnie Burns country
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willowlily View Post
    Well wehave been to Puerto Rico twice and Tenerife over 50 times , says it all really. we were visiting it from a cruiseship both times and each time went back to ship early. We saw nothing which would entice us back for a holiday as other islands did, it was a concrete jungle , and not a pretty one at that. So it just goes to prove we are alllooking for something different from a a holiday and for us, Tenerife has it all.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:

AL JAY (16-09-2012), warbey (16-09-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast