Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone taken the antibiotic Metronidazol (AKA Flagyl)

6th sense ................if i had any ,well ......................
    Support the RNLI

Hi, Metronidazole is fine to take. Yes, it has side effects but it is a very strong antibiotic. Do NOT drink alcohol with this one!!!!

Hi mike how you doing just me being nosey .Hope everything is going much better
    Support the RNLI

Metronidazol is used for a different sort of infection than the other antibiotics mentioned.I am sure the doctor who prescribed them did so for this reason.
    One of the most important things is not to drink any alcohol or you will experience nausea.
    I was a medical rep and sold Kaltostat dressings which are indeed made of seaweed. It is used as said to clean a chronic wound, like a leg ulcer, usually when there is some superficial bleeding.
    As I said I'm sure your doctor thought it the best treatment option for you.
    Hope the leg soon improves. Make sure you get it bandaged properly, I know it's not pleasant in the heat but essential in helping it to heal. Keep your leg elevated as much as you can, particularly if you are sitting down for a while..

Bucks
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure I was prescribed this drug by my dentist when I had oral problems. I can only remember being told by the dentist "No alcohol", then the pharmacist "no alcohol" as the reactions could be dire. I complied. Reading up on the drug after seeing this post is quite alarming, but you have to have faith in the doc who pescribed it. Side-effects are not always a certainty. Just keep a close eye on what your body is telling you and act sooner if anything 'odd' transpires.

Absolutely no booze.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123