Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bag thieves are at it again in Iceland, Las Chafiras

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag thieves are at it again in Iceland, Las Chafiras

My best friend just had her purse stolen from her handbag - which was closed & zipped up - in Iceland Las Chafiras this afternoon.

Never felt a thing, (which she always says she would!) but when she went to pay, no purse!! Spoke to manager & security who are going to review the CCTV, but not holding out much hope. Only hope the thieving scumbags enjoy spending their ill - gotten gains - all 30 odd centsworth. It's now down to cancelling cards and jumping through all the hoops to replace them.

Beware and be aware all you shoppers
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to obs For This Useful Post:

candy2411 (26-11-2012), celine (05-12-2012), chifleta (27-11-2012), clara (27-11-2012), dotty1 (26-11-2012), fesdie (26-11-2012), honda (28-11-2012), lesbroz (26-11-2012), macdonald5 (26-11-2012), poker (26-11-2012), ruffus (26-11-2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Super Tenerifian MindReader Champion Fill Up The Boy Champion Crazy Chess Champion Pretty Pretty Bang Bang Champion Pluck My Tash Champion Dots Champion Checkers Champion Mazed & Confused Champion Toss The Sausage Champion Matchsticks Champion Bubble Spinner Champion Flip Out Champion Yahtzee Champion Just Not Cricket Champion Bowling Champion Triathlon Champion Ten Pin Bowling Champion DodgeBall Champion Field Goal FootBall Champion Galactic Gravity Golf Champion Tennis Challenge Champion Word Cup 2006 Penalty Champion Cricket Challenge Champion Dangerous Fishing Champion Olympic Discus Throw Champion Goal Keeper Champion Cat Bowling Champion Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion primrose's Avatar

Thanks
    Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bag thieves are at it again in Iceland

[QUOTE=obs;240960]My best friend just had her purse stolen from her handbag - which was closed & zipped up - in Iceland Las Chafiras this afternoon.

Never felt a thing, (which she always says she would!) but when she went to pay, no purse!! Spoke to manager & security who are going to review the CCTV, but not holding out much hope. Only hope the thieving scumbags enjoy spending their ill - gotten gains - all 30 odd centsworth. It's now down to cancelling cards and jumping through all the hoops to replace them.

I have started safety pinning the lining on both sides my handbag together with 3 safety pins.Just might make it a little bit harder for them.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to primrose For This Useful Post:

celine (05-12-2012), chifleta (27-11-2012), clara (27-11-2012), macdonald5 (26-11-2012), obs (26-11-2012), ruffus (26-11-2012)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 469 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenerifian

i currently live in tenerife
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi so sorry to here about your friends purse i do not know what awful people steal from others, but i feel uncomfortable walking around iceland as the security guard seems to hover around and so much so my husband nipped in for some sweet n Sour sauce today and i waited in the car!! obviously he needs to be keeping his eyes on the people who actually do the stealing or shoplifting... i myself would not take anything from anyone or any place without paying..... i really do hope that there is some tv footage and the scoundrels are caught.... these must be english people, as i have never seen a spanish person in iceland......... its a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blueeyes For This Useful Post:

obs (26-11-2012)

Super Tenerifian MindReader Champion Fill Up The Boy Champion Crazy Chess Champion Pretty Pretty Bang Bang Champion Pluck My Tash Champion Dots Champion Checkers Champion Mazed & Confused Champion Toss The Sausage Champion Matchsticks Champion Bubble Spinner Champion Flip Out Champion Yahtzee Champion Just Not Cricket Champion Bowling Champion Triathlon Champion Ten Pin Bowling Champion DodgeBall Champion Field Goal FootBall Champion Galactic Gravity Golf Champion Tennis Challenge Champion Word Cup 2006 Penalty Champion Cricket Challenge Champion Dangerous Fishing Champion Olympic Discus Throw Champion Goal Keeper Champion Cat Bowling Champion Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion primrose's Avatar

Thanks
    Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Hi so sorry to here about your friends purse i do not know what awful people steal from others, but i feel uncomfortable walking around iceland as the security guard seems to hover around and so much so my husband nipped in for some sweet n Sour sauce today and i waited in the car!! obviously he needs to be keeping his eyes on the people who actually do the stealing or shoplifting... i myself would not take anything from anyone or any place without paying..... i really do hope that there is some tv footage and the scoundrels are caught.... these must be english people, as i have never seen a spanish person in iceland......... its a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Every nationality under the sun goes in Iceland.
    Last edited by primrose; 26-11-2012 at 20:04.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to primrose For This Useful Post:

AL JAY (26-11-2012), chifleta (27-11-2012), glostergirl (27-11-2012), honda (28-11-2012), Jelly Baby (26-11-2012), Madre (27-11-2012), obs (26-11-2012), princessmonika (26-11-2012), ruffus (26-11-2012)

Puerto de la Cruz
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 Times in 1,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought one of the Pacsafe anti-theft small pouch purses from Amazon Germany and have been out shopping for Christmas gifts using it and feeling glad I did since as I mentioned in the previous thread about the current handbag and wallet snatching, several friends of mine were recently robbed while grocery shopping in Puerto de la Cruz.

The model Citysafe 100 GII from Pacsafe (the one on golf birdie's link) was not available on the Amazon UK website when I ordered mine but I see now it is on the German Amazon and as it is also a good size for including a camera inside I may just order that one as well. i do love the small pouch though as it's good for going out walking with just keys, some ID and a bit of cash. It has the locking zipper, steel wires in the shoulder strap and steel mesh inside the whole pouch. Can't be slashed or unzipped.

It also has the shielded pocket to prevent identity theft from credit cards or passport inside the purse from thieves with card reader devices walking by on the street. ( Seems that's the newest way to steal your credit card info.)

I was downtown on Saturday in the Martianez shopping center, in the Punta Roma shop and the salesgirl said she caught an Eastern Euopean young woman unzipping a customer's handbag and stopped her just as she was trying to pick the wallet. When she realized she'd been caught in the act, she ran away.

Canarybird

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to canarybird For This Useful Post:

clara (27-11-2012), Megaloo (26-11-2012), obs (26-11-2012), poker (26-11-2012), tracy hampshire (26-11-2012)

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 484 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole pickpocketing/bag thieving thing is really despicable. I find it quite appalling that people will steal from people just like themselves .I find it hard to take that it makes me steer away from anyone for just being friendly or asking a simple question in a shop, in case they have an ulterior motive .

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy2411 For This Useful Post:

chifleta (27-11-2012), obs (26-11-2012)

Super Tenerifian sundownersvince's Avatar

cambridgeshire/golf del sur
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eastern European woman? What, was she by the polish?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sundownersvince For This Useful Post:

AL JAY (26-11-2012)

UltraMegaSuper Tenerifian Harmonicaman's Avatar

Scotland
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by primrose View Post
    Every nationality under the sun goes in Iceland.
    Them Iceland people don't have any sun just now...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Harmonicaman For This Useful Post:

AL JAY (26-11-2012)

Super Tenerifian Beach Ball Control Champion Zidane Showdown Champion LUCKY's Avatar

LowerGDS
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,227 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundownersvince View Post
    Eastern European woman? What, was she by the polish?
    i dont think it is anybody we could take a shine to

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LUCKY For This Useful Post:

AL JAY (26-11-2012), sundownersvince (27-11-2012)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast