Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bag thieves are at it again in Iceland, Las Chafiras

Puerto de la Cruz

Re: Bag thieves are at it again in Iceland, Las Chafiras

Also better than nothing:

I think small pins in different directions are best as they're more difficult to open unnoticed. These are 2.5cm long.

Canarybird

I put my safety pins on the inside and pin the linings together, but will start putting them on the outside as well. So whoever is behind me at the till please be patient while I get all the pins undone.
    Last edited by primrose; 28-11-2012 at 12:27.

Chayofa

Quote Originally Posted by canarybird View Post

Also better than nothing:

I think small pins in different directions are best as they're more difficult to open unnoticed. These are 2.5cm long.

Canarybird
    Probably my warped thinking CB! but isn't this advertising the fact that you have valuables in the bag? They thief would probably just snatch the bag rather than try and get into it!

U.k. bit I am back and forth.

What we need is a similar rape alarm sound when the bag is unzipped so it causes you to be aware of the incident about to emerge, it could be connected inside the bag to alarm but how you would stop it for paying yourself ?? Any retired engineers with a passion to invent could make a killing or can anybody help with a device for this by the way London is the biggest hit for pickpockets and bag thieves mostly they say they are 90% The east of Europe and are gypsies living legally here since we welcomed EU countries to the Uk
    are they over in the Canaries as well.? There even in Dereham small market town in Norfolk.

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by Suej View Post
    Probably my warped thinking CB! but isn't this advertising the fact that you have valuables in the bag? They thief would probably just snatch the bag rather than try and get into it!
    I've always wondered if my judo training would ever come in handy, i'm hoping my reactions will be quicker than I've dreamt LOL ... if not, I bet nowadays that I can run a damn sight faster than any would be thief

Well its not really surprising that robbers are getting away with it in iceland, ive been in twice this week and the security guard has been unpacking boxes and stacking shelves, hes been doing this for a a few weeks now but im sure thats not the job of a security guard

Puerto de la Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by chifleta View Post
    I've always wondered if my judo training would ever come in handy, i'm hoping my reactions will be quicker than I've dreamt LOL ... if not, I bet nowadays that I can run a damn sight faster than any would be thief
    Unfortunately chifleta mostly the person is not aware it is happening. They are very clever probably working in pairs and on distracting your attention to something else while the other person gets into your bag. It happened to me and also another friend of mine who is always very aware but this time she wasn't especially if you are the type of person that asks you something and like to help. It now makes you not want to help anyone and distrust them all which is sad.

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by Megaloo View Post
    Unfortunately chifleta mostly the person is not aware it is happening. They are very clever probably working in pairs and on distracting your attention to something else while the other person gets into your bag. It happened to me and also another friend of mine who is always very aware but this time she wasn't especially if you are the type of person that asks you something and like to help. It now makes you not want to help anyone and distrust them all which is sad.
    I know what you mean, but i'm one of those people that don't like crowds and don't like my personal space invaded, so i'm usually fairly "aware" when people are too close. Plus I hook my bag under my armpit most of the time - but it's definately easy to be distracted, I think we just all need to be more vigilant definately - it's not good hiding from it all, there are bad people everywhere unfortunately. I definately think also like said previously, they do go for the older people... makes my bloody boil. I had my mobile at the ready at LIDL earlier to see if that lady begging for money was there, I was going to take a photo LOL might be a good way, posting these good for nothings photos... not sure how legal that is though LOL

Puerto de la Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Suej View Post
    Sue if you are out in a supermarket shopping with a basket or in fact looking around any shop, it can be presumed that you have a wallet or change purse inside your handbag. And the bag could only be snatched if you were to leave it sitting unattended on a trolley while shopping, or loosely over a chair while sitting down at a cafe rather than having it held securely on your person or using a strap lock onto the chair leg or arm rest such as are on the anti-theft bags.

Wolfeman there are audible purse alarms for sale on Amazon which clip one end onto the inside of the handbag and the other end onto the money purse or wallet, which sound when someone tries to pull the purse away from the handbag. Thus the bag owner can still pay for something by keeping the change purse close to the handbag and avoid setting off the alarm.

I would think the best thing to do if you plan to go to the supermarket and do a little shopping just wear a pair of jeans.
    If you have 100 euros to spend then divide it into the 4 pockets saves a lot of hassle........ also the same if you are paying by credit card stick the cards in your front pocket.

You could also make sure you shop with someone else and make them stand very close to you making sure they are being vigilant making other folk know you are on the lookout and clued up while you go about your shopping.
    Tenerife Properties for Sale
    PropertiesAreUs.com, Las Carabelas, Local 1, Avenida de España, 38677, Torviscas, Adeje

The Agent you can trust CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast