I wrote a couple of weeks ago, asking if there wer any bars in Las Americas or Los Christianos, that had free and easy, where you could get up to sing with a keyboard player. I had a couple of sugestions thank you.

Well i have been going down to a bar in the Port O´Colon and singing called the hop and grapes. Anyone who frequented this bar would know that the owner, Stuart was very ill and unfortunatly died last year. He was an exelent keyboard player, and the same people came back year after year. The new owner John was an artist back in the UK, and he did karaoke for a while, but last Sept, he got a keyboard player from the UK. named Robert, who someone mentioned. Now he plays there, Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri, with karaoke on Wed and Sat.

The thing about this bar is the clientel, they are mainly people over, say fifty. We don´t get any Teenagers screaming into the mike, or silly people who just want to make a noise through the mike. Even the karaoke is very busy because you get the singers singing all the songs from the 50s, and 60s. Aother plus is he dosen´t shut at 12´oclock, he closes the door and carries on.

So if you fancy a good night out come down as everyone is so friendly. Come early if you want a seat. Thanks