Thread: Star Bar, San Eugenio, south Tenerife

Tenerifian

i currently live in tenerife

Star Bar, San Eugenio, south Tenerife

Hi All, We went on Sunday to see Billy Porter the Scottish Comedian at the Star Bar in San Eugenio ... We arrived at about 9.00 pm buy it did not start until 10.00 pm Billy was on for 1 hour... and i found him extremely entertaining... i think billy is a must see, at least once... the star bar was packed and we were lucky toeventually get a seat... the karoke singers befoe billy came on were good, really good a lady called gypsy was excellent... obviously you always get the ones who see themselves as the next robbie williams in their own mirror. I have to take my hat off to them.. it does take some bottle.. I sang once on karoke "i got you babe " by sonny and cher to my husband who sat with his back to me most of the time just to turn round now and again for a laugh... my i got you babes got so fast as i wanted to get off stage so badly it must have been hilarious to hear.... i got you babe , i got you babe , i got you babe!!!!!

Needless to say i have never sang to my hubbie since.... lol

Billy Porter, Scottish Comedian at the Star Bar in San Eugenio

Is Billy Porter the gay one, if so very funny guy

Tenerifian

i currently live in tenerife

Re: Billy Porter, Scottish Comedian at the Star Bar in San Eugenio

yip hes the one!!!

Tenerifian

ROTHERHAM .S YORKS

Re: Billy Porter, Scottish Comedian at the Star Bar in San Eugenio

In there last week ..think they have a drains issue going on ...Put me right off the welsh rugby victory

Re: Star Bar, San Eugenio, south Tenerife

Went to see Billy Porter on Sunday, great to see someone that's quick off the mark! First visit to Tenerife, will definitely go back!

A few of us went to the Star bar over the xmas holidays after hearing Billy Porter was a must see. Firstly they let us in no problem to buy drinks even tho it was packed, then once we had bought them told us we had to go outside as people had been sittting there most of the night for a decent view and we couldn't stand up near the bar or anywhere inside. If they would have told us this prior to buying drinks, fair enough, but not after. Bearing in mind it was windy as hell, it was the most unenjoyable drink we had on holiday, stood on the pavement listening to a comedian who failed to live up to expectations, sorry just not my kind of humour!! Had to listen to him making a load of gay innuendos to this poor embarrassed teenage lad for about 15 minutes while everyone was in hysterics for some reason, cringing!!
    SUN'S OUT, GUNS OUT

Super Tenerifian

Bonnie Burns country

Nope , he wasnt my cup of tea either , glad someone else agrees with me . Its the most uncomfortable venue to sit and watch
    any entertainment . Also has a feel of the old bowling clubs , a dirty look and you are sitting in my seat type of place .
    Think I might be getting awfy crabbit in my old age

HI could someone tell me where the star bar is exactly we have stayed in san eugenio some time ago but cannot recall the bar

dont like the Star Bar ( just round the corner from the Pheasant Plucker ) but do like Billy Porter