Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenerife Forum WWE wrestling thread

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
    Tonight's episode of WWE RAW will take place from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada and will feature a special RAW Roulette Theme, where match stipulations will be chosen by spinning a roulette wheel.

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be appearing on tonight's show - and there's been talk that HBK will be the person in charge of spinning the wheel throughout the evening.

One match confirmed for RAW is Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne, which was supposed to take place on last week's "Power to the People" RAW but did not due to technical difficulties with the voting.

WWE will also be taping next week's episode of RAW tonight after RAW goes off the air. This double taping is a result of the WWE crew leaving for the upcoming Australian tour later this week.

Updated WWE Money In The Bank PPV Card

WWE Title Match
    John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk

WWE World Title Match
    Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth vs. Alex Riley vs. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne vs. Alberto Del rio

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Participants to be determined.

WWE Divas Title Match
    Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Brie Bella

Roddy Piper went in for another cancer check up yesterday and posted the following awesome news on Twitter:

"I beat cancer again. My Tweeter's are the best.Thanks for your love. Now Indi, here I come. Warn the week of heart..

Piper also continues to talk about Drew McIntyre and wrote the following about putting CM Punk, John Cena and The Rock in Piper's Pit:

"Put ass kissing Cena, Bigger kisser the Rock, CM Punk, all in Piper's Pit at once. I DARE YOU..Baby Jesus, I promise, I would burn em down"

WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk turns 67 years old today while Cody Rhodes turns 26 and Alicia Fox turns 25.

The WWE RAW crew has arrived safely in Australia and will kick off the tour on Friday. Several of the stars will be doing media appearances today to promote the shows.

Authorities have determined that "Macho Man" Randy Savage died of cardiovascular disease.

Savage, whose real name is Randy Mario Poffo, suffered a serious "cardiac event" moments before crashing his vehicle into a tree in Seminole, Florida on May 20. Savage was taken to Largo Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office revealed Savage had an enlarged heart with severe atherosclerosis of his coronary arteries. He suffered only minor abrasions and bruising from the crash.

The cause of death was determined to be Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease; the manner of death was determined to be natural. The deadly "cardiac event" resulted from the condition.

Savage tested positive for alcohol and hydrocodone during the time of his death, but neither played a role in his passing.

The results of the autopsy were released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday.

An autopsy revealed that wrestling great Randy "Macho Man" Savage died from heart disease and not from any injury sustained in his May 20 car crash.

The St. Petersburg Medical Examiner's Office found that the 58-year-old had an enlarged heart with hardened coronary arteries. He became unresponsive while driving his Jeep Wrangler on a Florida highway in May and crashed into a tree. While the auto accident left minor cuts and bruises, the heart problems were the official cause of death of the wrestler.

At the time of his death, it was unknown whether the former wrestling star had died because of the heart issue or because the heart issue caused him to crash. The coroner said Savage was found with therapeutic levels of a number of prescribed drugs in his system and that alcohol wasn't a factor. There was no evidence he was taking any heart medication, leading to the assumption that Savage may not have known about his condition.

His wife, Lynn, was riding in the car during the accident. Their Jeep Wrangler flipped over a concrete median into oncoming traffic before skidding into a tree. The couple were married in a beachfront ceremony in 2010.

Born Randy Poffo, the future Macho Man had a brief minor league baseball career before joining the wrestling circuit. He grew to fame in the 1980s with the WWF where his bouts with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and George "The Animal" Steele made him a star. Advertisements with Slim-Jim and his signature catchphrase, "Ooh yeah!," helped him become a household name.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

Tonight's WWE RAW will be a taped show with the fallout from last week's CM Punk promo. WWE is advertising a #1 contender's match between Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth for tonight's show. Vince McMahon will also be making a special appearance.

On June 22nd, WWE registered the "CM Punk" name for merchandise use. WWE trademarked Punk's name for wrestling use back in 2009. It will be interesting to see if they allow Punk to use the name once he leaves the company. WWE also recently registered "The Last Outlaw" for wrestling use, which goes along with The Undertaker.

WWE Champion John Cena ripped into The Rock during a post-match promo at the July 3 live event in Perth, Australia. "Where is the so called captain of Team Bring It?," Cena asked. "And if he is the captain of Team Bring It, what are they bringing a doctor's note that he can't fly all the way to Australia and entertain the WWE Universe out here in Perth?

"I don't care if I've got to play G.I. Joe, Fast Five, Fast Six, Godzilla, King Kong, and Julius Caesar all rolled into one, I want to be in the middle of this ring, defending this championship in front of all of you, because I am not an actor, I am a professional wrestler. That is what I do because of crowds like you.

"So if you cried (inaudible) tears for an actor to get back in the ring, you take your tears and your t-shirt with a bull, fold them up real nice, put them in your dresser and wait until April 1st because that is the only time The People's Champ will say that he loves all of you. But tonight from myself, from all the WWE Superstars who flew 20 hours to be here in front of you, I simply say thank you."

In case you missed last night's WWE RAW, Vince McMahon has re-instated CM Punk and Punk will get his WWE Title shot at Money in the Bank against John Cena. Vince added the stipulation that if Cena loses, he is fired from WWE.

Before Vince put Punk back in the match last night, Alberto Del Rio defeated R-Truth and Rey Mysterio to become the new #1 contender to the WWE Title. Del Rio won't be getting the title shot at Money in the Bank but the plan for a while has been to do Del Rio vs. Cena at SummerSlam. WWE's website was teasing that the new #1 contender might not have to compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at the pay-per-view.

A confrontation between CM Punk, Vince McMahon and John Cena is scheduled for next week's RAW from Boston, Massachusetts. This will be the go-home show for Money in the Bank the next week.

- To go with the storylines, WWE has re-added CM Punk to their roster page.

One of the biggest angles in pro wrestling history began on this day back in 1996 as Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall formed the nWo at WCW's Bash at the Beach pay-per-view from Daytona Beach, Florida.

Regarding the new business deal between Brock Lesnar and WWE, the latest is that the contract hasn't been signed but the details on the deal have been worked out and people close to it are talking like it's done. The deal hasn't been announced yet because there are so many parties involved - Lesnar, Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon & WWE, Dana White & UFC, as well as others. If one of those parties has a change of heart, the whole deal will fall apart. As we have noted before, this is not a deal for Lesnar and Heyman to return to WWE TV, the storylines or anything like that.

An idea was brought up by WWE creative recently to put Zack Ryder in a new group with WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, who may be without a stable if or when Nexus dies after CM Punk's departure.

Speaking of Nexus' future, Mason Ryan will likely be repackaged. There has been talk of using him as a bodyguard for either The Miz or Alberto Del Rio.

WWE sent out an e-mail today promoting Monday's RAW in Boston and are promoting it as CM Punk's final appearance in the city.

The European market will be getting a different cover for WWE's "OMG! Top 50 Incidents in WWE History" DVD, according to WWEDVDNews. Apparently the image of Edge spearing Mick Foley through a flaming table was too graphic and they're coming up with a different cover to appease retailers.

WWE Legend Kevin Nash will be starring in the Ghost Rider sequel, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Actor Nicolas Cage will be starring like in the previous movie. No word yet on Nash's character.

Tonight's WWE Raw show will be broadcast from the home of the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. The show will be held in Boston, Mass. at the TD Garden. C.M. Punk is advertised for what could be his final appearance on Raw given that his contract with the company expires at Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Punk is advertised for the dark match main event. John Cena will defend the WWE Championship in a street fight against Punk.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast