User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which complex is best to invest in buy-to-let property?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which complex is best to invest in buy-to-let property?

hi, I am looking to invest same savings in property in South of Tenerife (probably studio or 1 bed), any advice which complex would be the best in terms of return and rental potential? My budget only 70K euros, also thinking of repossession properties anyone has experience with it? many thanks for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Port Of Poole
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 564 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What complex best to invest in BTL property

You will probably get a far better return by investing in a property in the UK .
    Tenerife Sur / Renia Sofia (GCTS / TFS) Airband Radio Frequencies
    Approach Frequency 120.3MHz, also 127.7MHz :: Tower Frequency 119.0MHz :: Ground Frequency 121.9MHz :: ATIS Frequency (local airport weather) 118.675MHz :: VOLMET LasPalmas 126.2 MHz

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vortex Wake For This Useful Post:

Fivepence (07-03-2013), martinc (08-03-2013)

Wickham, Hampshire.
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex Wake View Post
    You will probably get a far better return by investing in a property in the UK .
    I was looking to invest in Tenerife but have now invested in UK.
    I get a far greater return here so the dream can wait......

Hi all been away from the forum due to a new work project but I still look in from time to time...ED
    Pardon me my ear is full of milk
    "Well, if we caught...the money...and gave it to the fish...anybody we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ed3229 For This Useful Post:

Fivepence (07-03-2013), theslaters (07-04-2013), TOTO 99 (07-03-2013), Vortex Wake (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, I am from Bournemouth so for 65K I will not be able to buy anything Still any ideas what would be the best investment? buying property for 70K and renting out for 400 a month does not look bad (almost 7% return). In case of holiday rentals should get much more then that. I am not in rush so I will wait for good investment, as I live now here I would rather invest here

Port Of Poole
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 564 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seba1982 View Post
    hmm, I am from Bournemouth so for 65K I will not be able to buy anything Still any ideas what would be the best investment? buying property for 70K and renting out for 400 a month does not look bad (almost 7% return). In case of holiday rentals should get much more then that. I am not in rush so I will wait for good investment, as I live now here I would rather invest here
    Seba, I'm in Poole so I do understand the property situation locally .

I'd put my cash down on a 2 bed flat at around £120K ( say http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-35256982.html) - then get a BTL mortgage for the balance. You should yield around £550 a month - so the smallish mortgage is paid each month. In 12 years time - or when the next property peak arrives, you could expect to more than double your money - I somewhat doubt that the same will be said for Tenerife.

In Tenerife, 70k Euro (minus fees) will buy you a small property with less than ideal holiday rental prospects.
    Tenerife Sur / Renia Sofia (GCTS / TFS) Airband Radio Frequencies
    Approach Frequency 120.3MHz, also 127.7MHz :: Tower Frequency 119.0MHz :: Ground Frequency 121.9MHz :: ATIS Frequency (local airport weather) 118.675MHz :: VOLMET LasPalmas 126.2 MHz

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vortex Wake For This Useful Post:

Fivepence (07-03-2013), ribuck (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba, I'm in Poole so I do understand the property situation locally .

I'd put my cash down on a 2 bed flat at around £120K ( say http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-35256982.html) - then get a BTL mortgage for the balance. You should yield around £550 a month - so the smallish mortgage is paid each month. In 12 years time - or when the next property peak arrives, you could expect to more than double your money - I somewhat doubt that the same will be said for Tenerife.

In Tenerife, 70k Euro (minus fees) will buy you a small property with less than ideal holiday rental prospects.

many thanks for advise, will think about that

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 670 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Castle Harbour in Los Cristianos is probably the lowest priced good touristic place with decent returns.
    http://tenerifeestateagents.net/barg...anos-for-sale/
    Buy or sell your Tenerife Property through Trusted Estate Agents
    Contact us for an informal chat about any aspect of buying or selling in Tenerife

Las Carabelas, Local 6, Avenida de España, 38660, Torviscas.
    http://TenerifeEstateAgents.net

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CIM For This Useful Post:

9PLUS (08-03-2013), Cruise (08-03-2013), Fivepence (07-03-2013), Vortex Wake (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CIM View Post
    Castle Harbour in Los Cristianos is probably the lowest priced good touristic place with decent returns.
    http://tenerifeestateagents.net/barg...anos-for-sale/
    many thanks, perfect price

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seba1982 For This Useful Post:

CIM (08-03-2013), theslaters (07-04-2013)

Super Tenerifian

tenerife south
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seba1982 View Post
    hi, I am looking to invest same savings in property in South of Tenerife (probably studio or 1 bed), any advice which complex would be the best in terms of return and rental potential? My budget only 70K euros, also thinking of repossession properties anyone has experience with it? many thanks for help
    My advice would be DON"T DO IT!!! Not in Spain or The Canaries. First off the rentals are not that easy to come by. Don't be seduced by Estate Agents. There is an overload of rentals here. Secondly you have to put outgoings against the rentals and some are costly. Thirdly your investment capital is NOT going to increase. At this moment in time there is a massive amount of steadily reducing in price properties for sale here. Also the euro v sterling, is not going to improve.
    I know it's nice to think you have a place to call 'home in the sun' but remember YOU CAN"T AFFORD TO USE IT! You have to rent it out!

Buying any property here is a bad move IMO. If you really want to put your 75K to the best use do as above suggests and buy in the UK, you will only gain.

We have lost out bigtime. A villa in Spain we had to 'give away' and the flat we are now in was supposed to double in 10 years, it has halved in value.

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 670 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Castle Harbour is very busy as are several touristic complexes in Los Cris, Royal Palm and Paloma Beach being two that I know off the top of my head that also run at high occupancy. Prices are not falling on complexes like these as they are at the point where the return in comparison to price means people will always buy them so capital appreciation, whilst not on the horizon in the short term, will certainly occur long term and anyone buying should be thinking long term anyways.

Please do not tar me with the "bad estate agent" brush you may now apply to those that sold you your properties - many people have bought badly, thats their own fault for not working with an agent who gives good advice or simply not taking advice of anyone and thinking they know what they are doing when they dont.

Investing in property anywhere (including BTL in the UK) carries risk (as do shares, bonds etc.) If you aren´t prepared to take any risk, dont buy or invest in anything.

Another forum member bought from me on this complex last year, his studio does very well and he is more than happy with it....
    Buy or sell your Tenerife Property through Trusted Estate Agents
    Contact us for an informal chat about any aspect of buying or selling in Tenerife

Las Carabelas, Local 6, Avenida de España, 38660, Torviscas.
    http://TenerifeEstateAgents.net

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CIM For This Useful Post:

9PLUS (08-03-2013), seanocelt (08-03-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (08-03-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast