Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Movistar like as an internet service provider?

What are Movistar like as an internet service provider?

Good morning everyone,

Need an expert advise if anyone has dealt with Movie Star for internet installation. How good are they? how is the speed ?
    How long they take to install etc... if there is a disconnection how long they take to respond in Las americas.

Many Thanks.

Re: Internet with Movie Star !

They are a lot faster than they used to be for installation. Usually once the order is made, they install within a day or two.

Speed is crap compared with the rest of Europe, but they own 100% of the infrastructure so all of their competition are equally crap as they have to use the same network.

They normally respond to breakdowns within 48 hours. When you order, they will try to bundle anti-virus, maintenance, etc, which is all worthless and overpriced, so ensure that you just order the line and adsl.

TIP; if you get a South American at the call center when you make the order, hang up and keep trying until you get a Spanish operator. It will save you tears in the long run.

Thanks for your reply and the tips sounds great !!
    Have a great day...

Scotland/Tenerife

I´ve had Movistar /ADSL for a year now with no problems speed just over 5Mb/s ,download around 550 Kbs.
    I ordered it through Movistar shop at San Eugenio and was installed in about 8 days, though I believe it´s quicker now , a phone call tells you when they are coming .
    My cost was around €19.50 for ADSL and €14.50 for line - free national calls , plus taxes- I pay around €41 a month depending on phoning abroad with Tiger card , though I use iPad facetime now for free .
    Only minor issue was getting on-line bills - had to contact by email to get username and password , now sorted.

Thanks Junglejim that sounds brilliant and more convincing to go for MS.

My input, they are getting better but some lines are old, so its a bit of a lottery, also customer service in English is not always good, better with a Spanish speaker helping if you cant do it yourself. Good Luck.
    Just when i thought i was out............They pull me back in.

Scotland/Tenerife

The girl Lula in San eugenio shop is excellent , very helpful and speaks excellent English .

Re: Internet with MoviStar !

Thank you all for valuable comments.

I just had ADSL installed. Also through the San Eugenio shop. Took 2-3 working days and a phone call that morning confirmed arrival time. Speed depends on the distance to the exchange and I believe the exchange serving San Eugenio is near the Bingo premises in del Duque. Engineer spoke excellent English also tested for line quality, which is as important as speed. There is also a nunber to call and you can ask if they will increase the speed. The engineer or shop cannot do, but you do get through to an English-speaking advisor. Was told they were upgrading the lines and to call back next month.

Thanks will drop in San Eugino shop to enquire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast