Thread: Boat engineer/mechanic

Boat engineer/mechanic

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum although I have been following it for some time and the information provided has been most helpful.

My "better" half and I plan to move to our house in Los Cristianos within the next 2 years (earlier if we get a positive response to this post)

I am a "time served" engineer/mechanic with 25+ years experience in servicing/repairing Power boats, Jet Bikes, Yachts etc, including hull repairs and auxiliary equipment fitting, also experienced with cars and motorbikes.

I have trawled the various forums and the WWW and it appears that there is a lack of reliable/flexible mobile boat mechanics/repairers in the south, With this in mind I would like to hear from any forum members who are boat owners for any advice and help with establishing myself within the boating fraternity, We are in Tenerife all this week and back again in September,

If you can help with any advice it would be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Scotland/Tenerife

Re: Boat engineer/mechanic

Welcome to Forum !
    Why don't you ask around Puerto Colon at the various boat rental places on front and the large repair base situated there , I'm sure you'll get a feel for demand there - it always seems busy .

Re: Boat engineer/mechanic

The companies here are well established, and the trade is very competitive. Self employed/freelance is not an option really, as too many "here today gone tomorrow" types have made their mark. I suggest to move here first, and visit the established business's with your cv and take it from there.