Thread: Royal Palm, Los Cristianos - a den of Iniquity?

Royal Palm, Los Cristianos - a den of Iniquity?

When I was here in March, for two whole weeks a pair of kestrels made noisy love every half hour or so on almost evry roof of the complex.

Now it's owls. Everynight at dusk we see one patrol for lizards or sparrows (from Rosies bouganvillea) and then it sits on every roof and lampost calling for its mate, who seems to prefer Port Royale and calls back occasionally. Why don't they just get it together and just give us some peace and quiet.

Seriously though, great entertainment and some great sightings including one when the male sat just 8 feet away on a cactus staring at me. I think it just wants me to go so it can reassume its perch on my roller blind which was covered in its guano (is that OK) when I got back last week.

Re: Royal Palm, Los Cristianos - a den of Iniquity?

THey do make a spectacular sight, and we loved hearing the pair calling to each other at night when we were out last week!

Re: Royal Palm, Los Cristianos - a den of Iniquity?

It's like an aviary over here now!! Last night we had a visit from what sounded like a laughing jackass - what a racket.

I'm told it was a Cory's Shearwater which come onto land (probably the Guaza mountain cliffs) to breed for the next couple of months.

Halli