User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice to other members on how to stay safe in Tenerife.

Super Tenerifian Space Invaders Champion Asteroids Champion Finger Footy Champion Showdown At Santa's Champion Square Bear Reversi Champion Office Paintball Champion Roadies Champion Worm Attack Champion Paul The Penguin Champion Stick Avalanche Champion Tower Blaster Champion Bubble Bobble Champion Catapult Champion Fun Surfing Champion Aggressive Alpine Skiing Champion DownHill Jumps Champion Blast Billiards Combo Champion Little Johns Archery 2 Champion BobSled 2 Champion Midget Tossing Champion Ostrich Jump Champion 100m Running Champion Big Jump Champion YOUNG GOLFER's Avatar

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 1,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice to other members on how to stay safe in Tenerife.

Thought it would be a good idea to helps others through are own experiences on how to stay safe in Tenerife and avoid pickpockets and other nasty problems we sometimes get here.

KEEPING YOUR PASSPORT SAFE.

Losing a passport can be one of the biggest pains whilst on holiday make sure the first thing you do when arriving in Tenerife make sure you use a safe even if there is a small charge its worth it.
    Last year a guy who came on holiday had all his families passports in his shorts when arriving on holiday the first thing he did was jump into the pool for a swim.......... his fault of course but four passports ruined and a load of hassle and cost going upto the north to sort it all out. And another thing don't put you passport in a toaster i have seen what damage this can do.

A passport is very important please keep it safe at all times.
    Tenerife Properties for Sale
    PropertiesAreUs.com, Las Carabelas, Local 1, Avenida de España, 38677, Torviscas, Adeje

The Agent you can trust CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to YOUNG GOLFER For This Useful Post:

Bhamannette (09-07-2013), celine (09-07-2013), doreen (10-07-2013), Jumpinjax (09-07-2013), languagefan (09-03-2014), Leam_Lin (09-07-2013), lesbroz (09-07-2013), macdonald5 (10-07-2013), marbro8 (09-07-2013), Peter Pan (26-10-2013), slodgedad (09-07-2013), Taylor (09-07-2013), TenerifeFanatic (11-07-2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Advice to other members on how to stay safe in Tenerife.

Keep your keys and phone seperate if you can, that way if you do lose your bag you can still get into your property and call someone.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bhamannette For This Useful Post:

celine (10-07-2013), Jumpinjax (09-07-2013), Leam_Lin (09-07-2013), macdonald5 (10-07-2013), Taylor (09-07-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (09-07-2013)

Toto 99's Favourite Malteser Monkey's Avatar

Wales
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,707 Times in 8,793 Posts
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG GOLFER View Post
    Thought it would be a good idea to helps others through are own experiences on how to stay safe in Tenerife and avoid pickpockets and other nasty problems we sometimes get here.

KEEPING YOUR PASSPORT SAFE.

Losing a passport can be one of the biggest pains whilst on holiday make sure the first thing you do when arriving in Tenerife make sure you use a safe even if there is a small charge its worth it.
    Last year a guy who came on holiday had all his families passports in his shorts when arriving on holiday the first thing he did was jump into the pool for a swim.......... his fault of course but four passports ruined and a load of hassle and cost going upto the north to sort it all out. And another thing don't put you passport in a toaster i have seen what damage this can do.

A passport is very important please keep it safe at all times.
    "Our"

Yes a passport is for life not just for holidays

YG why would you..... actually how do you put your passort in a toaster (unless under the influence of alcohol)

I don't have a toaster does it apply to the grill too ?

Question - not having been over for a while do you still need a passport to hand when paying with plastic coz that was a pain having to carry it around

I think just carryinng as little as possible in general that way you have nothing to nick. Ladies small cluth like bags rather than massive strppy ones that can easily be snatched...perhaps

this could be a good thread

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malteser Monkey For This Useful Post:

celine (10-07-2013), chifleta (09-07-2013), Jumpinjax (09-07-2013), macdonald5 (10-07-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (09-07-2013)

North West England
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave all expensive jewellery , watches etc at home.

Do you really need to bring these items on Holiday with you?

Don't forget, these thieves are like Jackdaws and all that shines are potential paydays for them.

BE SAFE FOLKS

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jumpinjax For This Useful Post:

celine (10-07-2013), Leam_Lin (09-07-2013), macdonald5 (10-07-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (09-07-2013)

Warrington UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,581 Times in 3,666 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuart, I hope you don't mind me adding to that;

Make photocopies of your passports. If you can scan them and you can pick up your email abroad, email the photo to yourself.

The details are invaluable if they are lost or stolen.

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TOTO 99 For This Useful Post:

blondie (09-07-2013), celine (09-07-2013), chifleta (09-07-2013), dekingio (17-07-2013), doreen (10-07-2013), FerretFodder (07-03-2014), Jumpinjax (09-07-2013), Leam_Lin (09-07-2013), macdonald5 (10-07-2013), Malteser Monkey (09-07-2013), marbro8 (09-07-2013), murph (19-09-2014), Peter Pan (26-10-2013), warbey (09-07-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (09-07-2013)

Super Tenerifian Space Invaders Champion Asteroids Champion Finger Footy Champion Showdown At Santa's Champion Square Bear Reversi Champion Office Paintball Champion Roadies Champion Worm Attack Champion Paul The Penguin Champion Stick Avalanche Champion Tower Blaster Champion Bubble Bobble Champion Catapult Champion Fun Surfing Champion Aggressive Alpine Skiing Champion DownHill Jumps Champion Blast Billiards Combo Champion Little Johns Archery 2 Champion BobSled 2 Champion Midget Tossing Champion Ostrich Jump Champion 100m Running Champion Big Jump Champion YOUNG GOLFER's Avatar

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTO 99 View Post
    Stuart, I hope you don't mind me adding to that;

Make photocopies of your passports. If you can scan them and you can pick up your email abroad, email the photo to yourself.

The details are invaluable if they are lost or stolen.
    Please do .........this thread might just save someone a lot of hassle.
    PropertiesAreUs.com, Las Carabelas, Local 1, Avenida de España, 38677, Torviscas, Adeje

13. The Following User Says Thank You to YOUNG GOLFER For This Useful Post:

celine (10-07-2013)

Toto 99's Favourite Malteser Monkey's Avatar

Wales
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,707 Times in 8,793 Posts
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my question was serious - do you still need to carry a passport with plastic ?

(I give up trying to be serious I just get ignored)

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I never have had plastic so don't know the answer MM sure though we have enough nice members who can answer this for you.

Super Tenerifian MindReader Champion Fill Up The Boy Champion Crazy Chess Champion Pretty Pretty Bang Bang Champion Pluck My Tash Champion Dots Champion Checkers Champion Mazed & Confused Champion Toss The Sausage Champion Matchsticks Champion Flip Out Champion Yahtzee Champion Just Not Cricket Champion Bowling Champion Triathlon Champion Ten Pin Bowling Champion DodgeBall Champion Field Goal FootBall Champion Galactic Gravity Golf Champion Tennis Challenge Champion Word Cup 2006 Penalty Champion Cricket Challenge Champion Dangerous Fishing Champion Olympic Discus Throw Champion Goal Keeper Champion Cat Bowling Champion Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion primrose's Avatar

Thanks
    Thanked 3,912 Times in 1,708 Posts
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malteser Monkey View Post

In most places you do need a Passport or a Spanish driving license,and now they have brught in a new law that you have to show your Passport at a Chemist or Doctors.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to primrose For This Useful Post:

celine (10-07-2013), Peter Pan (26-10-2013), YOUNG GOLFER (09-07-2013)

North West England
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malteser Monkey View Post

I have used my card in the past whilst in Tenerife (a couple of purchases from Luten)

I didn't take my passport but informed my card issuer that I may use it while on holiday.

When making my purchases , Luten phoned Barclaycard I answerd the required security questions & my spending spree was complete.
    Last edited by Jumpinjax; 09-07-2013 at 13:52. Reason: added info / spelling

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumpinjax For This Useful Post:

Malteser Monkey (09-07-2013)

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast