Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice to other members on how to stay safe in Tenerife.

Re: Advice to other members on how to stay safe in Tenerife.

Don't carry €6000 with you.

x
    Our New Website - NINE PLUS INSTALACIONES - Click Here Electrical Installations, Projects, Test & Inspections, Certification, OCA, Upgrades & All procedures for ENDESA + Energy Efficiency Certification .
    Life through a Lens www.markfradley.com & Ten Diez Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Peterrayner View Post
    Generally speaking I doubt anyone is at much risk during the day in Los Cris.

However if going out at night I tend to leave everything at home including my wallet and only take enough cash to pay for meal and drink etc.

As from now, after being dipped outside Paradise Park after walking home alone, I will now ALWAYS take a taxi ride.
    I guess that could be the answer Peter taxi there and back maybe to save cost have a few drinks at home first.
    Tenerife Properties for Sale
    PropertiesAreUs.com, Las Carabelas, Local 1, Avenida de España, 38677, Torviscas, Adeje

The Agent you can trust CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG GOLFER View Post
    I guess that could be the answer Peter taxi there and back maybe to save cost have a few drinks at home first.
    I usually walk out during the day and wend my way home before dark, but on the way home got dragged into the Hideaway Pub by the new owner and it would have been rude to refuse, then got waylaid by friends as I was passing O`Jangles and didn't leave till past midnight.

Never mind I though its only about 100M to my complex it will be OK just this once, but was jumped just at the Paradise Park and relieved of a few Euros.

Luckily I had nothing else on me and I had my keys in my hand so no real damage done I suppose.
    Last edited by Peterrayner; 09-07-2013 at 18:18.

North Wales borders

When in Tenerife, it's surprising how many spot You as a Tourist.
    Shorts, Sandals and Socks are a dead giveaway.

Watch how Others Dress and even play a guessing Game spot the Tourist.

I have carried a Spanish Newspaper at times and even that can cause doubts of Your Status.
    Yes I can read and understand a little too, so it's useful.
    Try to blend in. W"e don't take valuable Jewelry, We don't have any.. Personal choice...

I am convinced that Residents are not attacked, as They aren't such a good Target, and
    They have the time to follow up later. A Holidaymaker doesn't usually..
    Last edited by warbey; 09-07-2013 at 20:57.

walsall

Quote Originally Posted by Peterrayner View Post
    I usually walk out during the day and wend my way home before dark, but on the way home got dragged into the Hideaway Pub by the new owner and it would have been rude to refuse, then got waylaid by friends as I was passing O`Jangles and didn't leave till past midnight.

Never mind I though its only about 100M to my complex it will be OK just this once, but was jumped just at the Paradise Park and relieved of a few Euros.

Luckily I had nothing else on me and I had my keys in my hand so no real damage done I suppose.
    still a pisser though pete

Tenerifian

Palm Mar

Never ever take all your cards out in purses and wallets I see so many Woman and Men rumaging through a fully loaded wallet or purse with every conceivable Bank Card Credit card they own. Carry cash in a hard to get at pocket, take 1 card as a standby, some people grudge to pay the Hotel deposit for a safe....its a small price to pay given the tears that follow should you become a victim!!

Don't get too drunk unless you are going to get into a taxi......these scum will spot you a mile off.
    PropertiesAreUs.com, Las Carabelas, Local 1, Avenida de España, 38677, Torviscas, Adeje

What a great thread, YG.

Let's all try to keep on topic with useful tips and not turn it into a bicker.

I have stickied it for the benefit of all members (especially those who are not to familiar with the island)

Keep the tips coming,

Tenerifian

Palm Mar

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG GOLFER View Post
    Don't get too drunk unless you are going to get into a taxi......these scum will spot you a mile off.
    Your dead right Stuart many a hard night falling out St Eugene bar and trying to get down that bloody hill to Las Calaberas

Quote Originally Posted by slodgedad View Post
    What a great thread, YG.

Let's all try to keep on topic with useful tips and not turn it into a bicker.

I have stickied it for the benefit of all members (especially those who are not to familiar with the island)

Keep the tips coming,
    Thanks mate I think it's very important that anyone coming here on holiday or living in Tenerife should be given sound advice on how to stay safe. I hate crime and I wish everyone a safe holiday ......I don't like to read threads on I or someone I know or someone I met in the police station that has been robbed...... its not good for the island.... like everywhere in the world right now its bound to be worse due to the crisis...... I would love to see members on here give as much time to help others by giving sound advice on how it could help them to stay safe and prevent it happening to others. Members might say people need to know there is crime in certain areas right now but at the same time people need to know its a safe island as long as you use common sense and don't go to these areas at night.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast