Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get a delicious salad around the Golf del Sur?

Where can I get a delicious salad around the Golf del Sur?

We are staying on Golf del Sur and generally eat on GDS, Los Abrigos, Las Galletas and El Medano. Im looking for a restaurant that does a good salad.

Most restaurants ive tried seem to serve a fairly decent basic salad that would go with a main meal , but I want a main meal interesting salad. can anyone recommend anything?

Cumbernauld/Amarilla Golf

Re: Where can I get a delicious Salad?

I'm not a fan of salad per se but on a recent meal out at Tapas'n'Chill next to Volare in GDS, my friends had a salad dish which looked tasty and filling...
    Queen of de-nial

Re: Where can I get a delicious Salad?

Thanks Karinagal. What part of GDS is Tapas'n'chill, is it along by Volcanic Isles restauraunt? or it is on the san blas commercial centre?

Cumbernauld/Amarilla Golf

Re: Where can I get a delicious salad around Golf del Sur??

It's next to the Aguamarina apartments on the path down towards the sea and the marina. Across from The Wild Geese...
    Queen of de-nial

Re: Where can I get a delicious salad around Golf del Sur??

oh thank you I think I know where that is now. Hopefully they are open Mondays as I will try that tonight!

Tenerife

Re: Where can I get a delicious salad around the Golf del Sur?

Restaurante M on the seafront/wooden promenade walkway (if you have the plaza to your back, walk along to the right, it's about 5 restaurants along) ... they do lovely fruit brekkies, and huge varied salads for lunch, also salad wraps made in a crepe type wrap, yummyyyyyy ...........

ooops Edit... in Medano

Thanks chifleta, I love restaurante M for their wraps, very delicious! I dont think they are open evenings though? Im looking for somewhere to eat out in the evenings, but if we are El Medano during the day for lunch I will try to wrench myself away from having a wrap and try their salad.

Tenerife

you're right, I think they close at 6pm..... shame .... glad i'm on this thread now though as i'm always keeping eye out for places that you can have a large salad as your main dish, as normally they are either very basic or way too small

Chayofa

Tapas bar do great salads and excellent food in general. My favourite is their chicken tikka salad, I often go out of my way to have one of them for lunch.

Is that the Tapas N Chill Greg? We made our way there tonight and the menu looked good, but decided against it at the last moment as there wasn't anything that hubby fancied on the menu. He isn't big on Tapas, or salad come to that..........

Anyway we ended up at Big Als just up the road. They have a few salads on their menu for €7.95 which is pretty reasonable. I plumped for the coronation chicken salad as I love coronation chicken. Well, the salad itself was really good it was all chopped up together, and had a lot of different elements and flavours, including some pineapple in there which worked quite well, there was also a small side of grated cheese and some coleslaw. The let down was the coronation chicken itself. It appeared to be a chargrilled piece of chicken breast chopped up and mixed with..........something.......im not sure what it was but, coronation sauce it most definitely was not.

It was completely devoid of any taste and seemed to sap any flavour out of the chicken itself. A kind of culinary black hole... hmmm. Anyway, I did eat some of it and hubby finished the rest by adding a large amount of mustard to it. The waitress to give her her due offered to take it back and give me something else, but I wasn't complaining to get a replacement I just wanted them to know it was a very odd and tasteless thing. It hasnt put me off going there again, as the actual salad part was delicious. Next time it will be tuna though, something safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast