Thread: How easy is it to find a 2 month apartment rental?

How easy is it to find a 2 month apartment rental?

Hi All,

I am planning to spend about 2 months in tenerife, november & december.
    I might extend my stay afterwards with another 3 months but thats far from sure.

I was wondering if it will be easy/possible to find a rental 1 bedroom apartment for 2 months ?
    I read that due to the law, most residential places cannot be rented out for less then 3 months.
    I also see that short term holiday rental is significantly more expensive as 'long term' rent.

I was hoping to find a place to rent once in Tenerife,
    - but my spanish at this moment is only quite basic, still learning. will this be a big issue? will many landlords not rent out/unable to contact due to not speaking fluent english?
    - will due to my limited stay, 2 months, the options be very limited? e.g. do most landlords only rent out if long term ?

I was hoping to rent 1 bedroom for about 450euro/month max. But i am now starting to seriously doubt if this is possible and how quickly i would be able to find one.
    i prefer not to book online since i prefer to see the place first and also read some negative stories here and there.

About location, anything south tenerife not to far from shops would do. doesnt have to be necesarily in the tourist areas itself.

I would be greatful on any opinions on this.
    If deemed hard/impossible to find a place for only 2 month rental for 450max, i might have to change my plans a bit.

regards

Super Tenerifian

Tenerife/ UK

Re: How easy is it to find a 2 month apartment rental?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    The problem you will probably find is that winter is the peak season in Tenerife if in a holiday resort so most places are fully booked for around your dates anyway, at prices for a week for what you want to pay for a month!
    If you go out of the tourist areas you may well find a property at the rent you want to pay, but no landlord is going to go to consider a rental of less than 6 months at 450 a month.
    Suggest that if you come over you even consider a hotel for a week or two (they have good deals early Dec) and use that time to trawl the agents and adverts to try to find somewhere you want to rent, but be prepared to take a longer lease. And of course most landlords will want references etc.
    If you want to stay in the south of the island either go a bit inland or look further along the coast away from LC and Las Americas.
    If the worst comes to the worst and you have to take out a longer lease then its no hardship - just enjoy your time in Tenerife and escape the bad weather.
    Forgot to say, Young Golfer and CIM are agents who are forum members and Im sure they will help if you contact them. Good luck and enjoy yourself, Tenerife is the best!
    Last edited by Red Devil; 12-09-2013 at 22:22.