Hi Everyone,

Bit of a strange request but hoping one of you lovely people can help!

I'm new to the forum but hoping that someone passing through TFS - if at all convenient, would be so nice as to post or send a couple of pictures proving that Hertz have a) an office in the TFS car park and b) Hertz (Faycan) employees in the car park. a) is the key thing though. Unfortunately my next visit is a way off.

We've been coming to Tenerife for years and last time rented a car from Hertz at TFS. To cut a long story short; following the rental I submitted a complaint / feedback regarding the car condition and service at their office in the car park. No expectation of any compensation / refund - but just wanted to ensure they were aware.

Several mails and photos later Faycan have been extremely defensive and basically accused me of lying! They deny having employees in the parking areas and deny having a Hertz cabin in the car park! I know for a fact that Hertz and many of the others have had a car park office for several years and certainly had one in October! (I even remember the notice on the door to "proceed to the terminal when this office closed")

No intention to ever use them again after this anyway but I would like to make very clear that they are talking rubbish and accusing customers of lying is not good practice!

Thanks so much for any help!!