Thread: Does anyone have any tapas recommendations in the Costa Adeje area?

Does anyone have any tapas recommendations in the Costa Adeje area?

I am currently in Costa Adeje and fancy taking the family out for some Tapas this evening.

Can anybody recommend a quality Spanish Tapas restaurant in the area, we are willing to take a taxi if required.

Many Thanks

Carl

Super Tenerifian

South Tenerife

Re: Tapas Recommendations in the Costa Adeje Area

There r lots of fancy tapas restaurants in touristy parts. Obviously look for the ones which r busiest to get freshly cooked stuff.
    I know Adeje village very well, and there is a fantastic tapas place with a massive variety and because it is a local cafe restaurant the prices are incredibly inexpensive so u can treat urself with a large variety of tapas options. They normally do nice home made desserts too.
    They have a huge local clientele because of the quality/price, and I have noticed how they date every tray, and get rid of anything that passes the marked date immediately unlike many other Spanish restaurants.
    However, I should warn u that it is just a normal Spanish cafe/restaurant without too posh and touristy "ambience". But it is clean, happy, with wifi connection and v pleasant staff.
    It's name is Cafe Juventud, and bus 473, and 417 direction of Adeje village (pueblo de Adeje, close to where u r) stop immediately opposite it. The cafe has a big brown sign v visible from the bus and is located on a narrow and short road. U absolutely don't need a taxi and won't get lost if u keep ur eyes open once u r in Adeje, and look for the sign, but if u did, ask for the only Superdino supermarket in Adeje and it is 20 yards away from it.
    Also, if u want to try the famous Canarian chicken with al mojo sauce the most popular place is Adeje village (calle grande, near town hall) Oasis restaurant.
    Both places r open for lunch and dinner.
    Hope this helps and bon apetit!

I don't know too many down in Costa Adeje but in Adeje village there is a traditional Tapas restauraunt called la Tasquita owned and run by Spanish people, owner is called Damian. Very reasonably priced and food is great! La Taquita is just 100 metres up from the Polar Bar roundabout on the left. It's small, bijou but would recommend for food quality and friendly local service. Husband and wife team and been going there circa 8 years now.

(Extras, just read post above: it is just up from Café Juventud which is opposite street from Polar Bar)

walsall

there was one in los cris that was recommended to us, but we never tried it because my wife is very fussy about her food, where i will try absolutely anything, it is called the willow in the opollo centre next to los cris bus stop, it is an eat as much as you like in one hour, everything is cooked fresh to order, although it is british owned and the chef is scottish i am told they do cook authentic spanish food, we did have a look at the menu and to be honest there where a few things on there that my wife said she could eat, such as the soup, home made chips,chicken and bacon, black puding and other british foods etc etc, so the tapas menu is not ALL spanish foods, if that sounds to be not what you are looking for then there are another couple in los cris as you said you don't mind catching a taxi, the watermelon on san telmo overlooking las vistas beach, and just a short walk away on the same side of the road as you walk towards the harbour there is one that is more like a spanish cafe called el faro (i think) my friend went there a few months ago, he and his wife both had tapas and a couple of drinks and where charged €20, they couldn't wait to get out because they thought they had got the bill wrong and undercharged them lol, but after returning they found out it was just cheap ha ha, anyway whatever you decide have a great night