Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are some good places to go at night in Costa Adeje?

Super Tenerifian

Tenerife/ UK

Re: Where are some good places to go at night in Costa Adeje?

Just to add a little bit to what everyone else has said, Harleys, just up the road from you, with American cars outside does have great nights with live bands on so thats always worth a visit.
    Its called Sunset Bay complex where The Wigan Arms is, but quite honestly, the area you are in you could go somewhere different every day.
    By the way the hotel entertainment isnt up to much at La Nina but the food there is fab.

walsall

i don't think i can add anymore about the el mirador strip that andy hasn't already said, other than i think the only bar he missed that is worth a visit is margarita's, a great place with at least 2-3 acts on every night, a very extensive menu with fresh pizza and an outside BBQ to traditional english italian and spanish, drinks are reasonable and the staff are great just round the corner from the el mirador strip about 2 mins walk, well worth a long walk from where you are staying or a short taxi ride

Scotland/Tenerife

A lot of the above advice is good - one strong piece of advice I hope you listen to- if you venture down to Veronicas area late on , do not take your phone, wallet or any fancy jewelry or watches as their is a high likelyhood of being mugged or pickpocketed !
    I know personally of 3 groups of people in the last month who have fallen victim to this !

Hi all, thanks very much for all your replies!

I've heard of a few of the places Andy mentioned, the 2 main bars on the beach and the bar by burger king etc. But will definitely check out the other places you mentioned, thanks Andy.

Didn't know Harley's did entertainment? Just knew they did some pretty tasty grub! So will have to pop in there one night and check it out!

The Sunset Bay area you guys mention, is that come out of my hotel do a left and then a left again at the excursion/money exchange place on the corner? Then rather than do a right down the hill (to the moonlight bar) carry on straight?? I know of the apartments there (Torviscas something or other and Sunset Bay apartments) but didn't know there were any bars down that bit without going down the hill/steps to moonlight bar etc? Or is it down the steps/hill? Whereabouts exactly is the Wigan Arms Red Devil?

Also, where is the Margarita's you mention marbro 8?

We use to go to a bar down there (down the second set of steps on the right I think) called the Cheshire Cat?? don't know if anyone has heard of it?? Not been open in years mind, but they used to do the biggest measures I've ever seen, I could have only been about 17 yrs old when I use to go there, so I was generally knocked out after 2-3 drinks! lol. Actually fell over whilst singing Karaoke in there once, fell off the stage, knocked over a table full of drinks, a chair and an extractor fan!!! haha! and the most ironic thing was, I was on the stage with a few other older lads singing 'Wild Thing' hahaha. Can't get more ridiculous! Just picture it... a puney 17 yr old, trying to impress the older crowd by joining them on-stage to sing 'Wild Thing', next thing... tripped over microphone lead, off the two-foot stage and straight into the table where the guys had their drinks sitting, knocking the lot over!! Then falling backwards onto a chair with a fan on it! Knocking them over too! haha. Classy! But even in my drunken state I went to 'try' to pick everything up (whilst the owners of the bar were laughing their heads off at me!) haha... Aaah good times!! We stopped going there in the end, firstly because everytime I went in there the owners would just remember the fall and just be laughing at me everytime I walked in (embarrassing is NOT a strong enough word!), but also because the Bristish owners had a red-head daughter who use to go out with a dodgy Morrocan and all his Morrocan mates started going down there and they were all dodgy! So those reasons combined put us off going in there really! lol! Actually I think that's why they ended up closing the place a year or two later, my Mum used to drink in there too and said the Morrocans were giving the owners a load of grief! Don't know if any of you remember the place, or the owners? But if you did, they probably would have told you about my fall as I really do think it was the highlight of their Tenerife bar-owning experience! haha!

Oh thanks for the warning too JungleJim, but I know about Veronica's traits... I went there a couple of years back with my mate and a Scottish guy we met out there, probably about 2.00am when we got down there and although we were pretty hammered me and the Scottish dude noticed a group of 3-4 guys that can only be described as eff'ing evil looking, broken noses, scarred faces, the works! Best way to describe them to you united fans is, they looked a spitting image of Nmandja Vidic!! lol! Anyway, they were just sitting on the wall outside Rags, not drinking or dancing just sitting there eyeing people up, blatently to rob them, so me and the Scottish dude said to my mate 'come on Jack let's go back pal, we've got a funny feeling about those guys over there' to which he said 'Na shut-up I'm staying down here' (he was a proper Jack-the-lad, thinks-he's-superman-when-he's-drunk idiot! So we said ''ok mate, but they're going to cause trouble.'' So anyway, after trying to persuade him to come back, me and the Scottish dude went back to our hotel and 'Jack' was happy to stay down there on his own...(You could say he was happy on his Jack! haha or even a Happy-Jack? Haha!) Anyway, about an hour later he came home not a Happy-Jack pretty much crying!! He had been mugged, all of his money, his 'condoms' which he was adamant to add (but which he would never have used anyway! lol) and his phone! I said ''what's up'' , to which he whined ''These fit girls came upto me and I thought I was ''in there'', then I noticed they took all my stuff while they were rubbing up to me!'' Apprently as soon as he attempted to get his stuff back off them he was surrounded by a group of 3/4 dodgy blokes!! Which I guarantee were the Nmandja Vidic look-a-likes me and the Scottish lad had spotted an hour before and tried to warn him about, but did he listen?? Nope! He's just one of those guys that thinks he's invincible even when he's sober, so when he's dunk there's no talking to him what-so-ever! He'll never learn though, always been the same. Hence why I don't bother with him anymore, he's just too much hassle. But from that evening on I started to realise what the darker side to Veronica's is, and have been cautious ever since... But still, thanks for the heads up JungleJim, I hear what you're saying and by the sounds of it, it's got much worse! So we will take your advice mate, thanks!

Right anyway, I think you guys have heard enough of my Tenerife life-story now... sorry bout that, but hope it amused you somewhat!

Thanks again for taking the time to give me all your valuable info, really appreciated. If you could get back to me with the exact location of those two bars too, that'd be great!

Thanks!

Oh yeh Andy, forgot to ask mate, what's the weather like out there? Been looking at forecasts for next 14 days but they're never right are they?! What's it like out there?

walsall

hi TL, margareta's is in los cris, if you are feeling very energetic and fancy a long leisurely walk along the sea front from where you are staying,(it would probably take you about 45 mins) then walk towards the arona gran hotel just past los cris harbour, and turn left when you get to charlot's bar, walk over the road past the bank and up the hill in front of you, past victoria court apartments, walk over the road and you come to the el mirador strip, the mongolian bar is in front of you, turn left over the crossing and it is up there up the hill about 200 yards on the right past about 3-4 small bars the swan etc, all the acts are advertised in the window and you can pick and book your table for whatever night you want to visit

Super Tenerifian

Tenerife/ UK

Think you are getting Sunset Bay mixed up with Sunset Harbour? SH is on the left, past La Nina like you say, S. Bay is on the right, just past the taxi rank after Amandas etc there is a road going off to your right, go up there and almost straight away there will be a turn off to the left to Wigan Arms and a few other bars.
    Harleys have Crush and other live bands most nights. Or go up to the San Eugenio shopping centre, carry on walking past it and you will come to another row of bars, Pheasant Plucker, Star Bar etc.
    For your last drink with large measure try Sloops under Club Atlantis. Classy it isnt though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12