Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are some good places to go at night in Costa Adeje?

Where are some good places to go at night in Costa Adeje?

Hi, me and a friend are going to Las Americas/Costa Adeje area at the beginning of March and would like to know some good places to go at night. We know of the moonlight bar and the bars along the beach which are great but we'd also like to find some new places! We like lively bars but would like to avoid yobs (and Moroccans!) if we can help it. Can anyone recommend some places please? We're 25 & 35 years of age and single so would like to find some lively bars (not so much into the clubs at Veronicas) but hopefully places with other singles 18-40 to have a laugh with.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Scotland/Tenerife

Re: Places to go at night?

There's a newly converted bar Soul Train (formerly Garfields ) at San Eugenio thatçs been getting good reports and opens late .
    Far enough away from the Veronicas area - anyone been to it ?

Re: Places to go at night?

Haven't heard of Soul train as yet , our apt is a short distance from where you say it is and we were there in December and it was still Garfields and shut . Do not mistake this with Soul City which is on the opposite side of the road and much smaller . Further down the road is St Eugenes which is normally lively and always busy .

Re: Where are some good places to go at night in Costa Adeje?

Harleys, St Eugene, First and Last, Winchester, Colonial Karaoke, The Pub, Wigan Pier, Temple Bar, Star Bar, Pheasant Plucker. All within a 15 - 20 minute walk. P Colon great also worth an extra 15 min walk. Fosters for a tea time drink in P C C Loads of great places Enjoy

Thanks everyone for your replies! Especially andyandcollette! Wow, have you been Tenerife before by any chance? lol! :-) Thanks v.much for the info!

What would you say the top 3 of those bars are? and wherebouts are they? I know of Harleys, St Eugene & First and Last, but the others?

Also, which direction is P Colon? towards P Paraiso or toward Veronicas/Los Cris?

What's Los Cris like nowdays for night entertainment, as haven't been there in years?!

We're staying at hotel Be Live La Nina if that's any help with directions?

Shaun Kelly, if your apartment's a short distance from where Garfields is, do you know if any of the little stretch of bars along there have re-opened? We use to go to a karaoke bar called Snoopy's a long time back but last time we went nearly all the bars along there had closed down. :-(

Thanks again!

Scotland/Tenerife

Come out of La Niña turn right up the hill . Temple Bar is at RHS - Turn left at St Eugene´s and you have several bars on LHS - Soul Train is along from where Snoopys is at the rnd on RHS .
    Puerto Colon is Marina area behind La Niña .

Thanks JungleJim. Directions couldn't have been better!

Anyone else recommend any more places?

Bars are a personal thing but the good ones all have something in common, decent beer at decent prices, clean, friendly and most of all welcoming and relaxing. I do a lot of walking and dropping in the odd bar here and there and I stay in La Caleta so a walk to Los Cris is a good one. A great bar in La Caleta by the way, is Jame's Place He does a great job nice food and all the sports in an area that you wouldn't expect, he has made a big investment a a very nicely decorated bar.

When i go to Los cris its normally for a tea time drink and I always end up in taylors Lounge for all the reasons above. They also have the added bonus of putting on the footie and the food is excellent (if you looking for traditional English in the main) In that area (El Miridor Strip) you really are spoilt for choice in terms of entertainment there must be 20 bars within 10 minutes all trying hard to entice you in and you always find one that fits the bill. I might be wrong here and I certainly don't want to offend the bars near the beach in Los Cris such as Churchills ( as its excellent for Karaoke and the people are great), or dreamers ( who have great live entertainment) or even Goodfellas and The Claggagh in San Thelmo; I get the impression that people tend to stay up the top end of Los Cris at nights because its simply easier and as such they have built up a nice area to be over the last few years I often read a lot about people talking about one bar or another but being brutally honest I think its harder now to find a bad bar as everyone really tries to make you welcome in Tenerife (yes there are a few bad ones still about but they don't last long) so I have a feeling you will enjoy yourself in most of them.

If someone asked me what the best bar I would honestly struggle to give one, as the ones I use because its just where I happen to be I am forever finding new bars and I honestly go a lot to the reef but always find new and different bars. Its not because the bar is new its just because I have simply not found it before

I always recommend to my friends that they get the bus up to Adeje and go in the small bars its a great way to have a different night out, personally I would do it more but I have a youngster and not much to do for him so I don't get up as much As I would like.

If you are feeling flush you could walk to Del Duque and Hit Bar Acanto. This is truly a lovely bar well decked out, its always quiet as its a bit pricy but it really is a great place to take someone for a drink if they haven't been to Tenerife before and within one drink all their preconceptions of what Tenerife is really like is smashed in 2 minutes.

I hope you have a great time discovering all the things that south tenerife has to offer, I don't normally post this much but I am just thinking of the bars I shall be visiting when I arrive tomorrow. !!!!!!!! I have only been away 5 weeks and its been a hard 5 weeks. Andy

Andy, can't thank you enough for your time spent replying in such detail! Really appreciate it!

Is there any chance of giving the same sort of detail about some of the places and bars in Costa Adeje, San Eugenio, P Colon etc? Again would be really appreciated buddy!

I'm assuming by the time you read this message you will already be in Tenerife, so I may not get a reply, but if you do read this from Tenerife, just want to say have a fab holiday and thanks v.much for your info.

If you do get chance to reply with even more info then that'd be great!

We are over on the 26th Feb til 9th March, don't know if you'll still be over there then, but if you are maybe you would let me and my pal buy you and you're partner a drink to say thanks! Maybe even watch a game one day or something, at your recommended bar of course!

Who's your team anyway Andy? I'm united and unfortunately am going over with an Arsenal fan! haha.

Anyway, have a great time in reef Andy, hope the weather's good for you while you're out there!

As you are a united fan (manchester of course) I will share a bit more. I will be gone when you arrive but thanks for the offer of a beer

Costa Adeje. Its a wide sweeping statement that is used for quite a large area which can stretch from Pariso to San Eugenio, P Colon. Most bars are focused in Fanabe. Honestly lots of bars The Garden Bar is not far and the host Webby is a big football fan and whilst the bar is quite small its very well kept and definitely worth digging out it is on the slope walking down to the beach or if you walking along the beach its on the right hand slope by Burger King. On the left hand side you will see the Colonial bar this is also a great place. It can be a bit more expensive than other bars but its furnished to an high standard with they also have a bar a bit further up that does Karaoke. The two busy bars on the front are Ye Old Ocean and First and Last. They pretty much the same its just the entertainment that helps you choose.

San E is a quite a large area and the centre is a large shopping complex. all the bars I mentioned before are worth a visit. I have to say that when I go up here its always early so I miss all the entertainment ( my boy wont sit through it, he's under 10 so thinks that Lego is better than listening to a singer, and to be honest some of the compares are really great but he tends to just pick up on all the bad words). I have to say that Harley's just by your hotel had great entertainment last time I was there with a band doing covers and we all enjoyed it maybe some can give you a bit more info on this.

If you come out of your Hotel turn left and walk up a bit you come to a taxi rank just past on the right hand side you see a pathway up and follow that you will come to a small area that contains a few bars the first one is Wigan Arms (not to be confused with Wigan pier which is down the road and opposite The Pub, both are well worth a visit as well) This is a small bar but quiet, well kept and great for a quiet pint and free wifi. There are lots of other bars in this small crescent , but honestly I am not sure of the name of complex area someone will tell you. At the top on San E if you walk past the shopping Centre you come across a complex called Club Olympus this is a time share place but it has a really good pool bar that's well worth a visits, again it been here at night but super for football and afternoon drink.

As a Utd fan you need to go to P Colon and try out The Plough its run by a gut called Derek and its a Man Utd supporters bar with loads of memorabilia on the walls and its shows all the games. Some would say that only opening for the games impacts on the quality of the beer so just drink bottles, when there is a game in with all Utd fans together its a great place to be.

Walking into P C if you walk around in the second level, just under your hotel in fact there is a bar called Kandi Lounge this is a busy afternoon bar with live acts on about 4pm weekdays. Also fosters on the lower level in the corner also has live tea time music. The area is full of bars and its definitely the cheapest area to go eat and drink; that is unless you go to the Yacht Club which has a great Teppenayaki and sushi bar.

You are definitely in the right area to wonder about and find a bar that suits you. When I meet new people in Tenerife I always ask where they have found thats good to go to and I honestly find new bars this way on most trips. Have a great time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast