Thread: Babel Language Academy 2 week beginners intensive course starting 24th February 2014

Babel Language Academy 2 week beginners intensive course starting 24th February 2014

If anyone is interested, Babel Language Academy in El Medano is starting a 2 week intensive beginners on 24th Feb. I signed up for it a week ago but it was not clear then that the course would run as they needed at least one other person. Ive just heard the course is going ahead, so if anyone wants to join us now is a good chance!

Re: Babel Language Acedemy 2 week beginners intensive course starting 24th Feb

I had my first lesson today at the Babel Language Academy in El Medano. There are just 2 of us students in the class, and the teacher refuses to a greater degree to speak any English! which is good of course, except it was quite overwhelming at first. But we got to the end of the first day and I feel as though I have learned something.

I was a bit taken aback at the charges, I feel I have been mislead. The website states the course is €285, and I was asked to pay an inscription fee of €20 to sign up for the course. When I got there this morning I was expecting to pay the balance of €265 but was instead asked for the full €285. I did query this but was told the €20 was to cover course materials. Surely I would have thought the fee should include such things as course materials! Anyway, im not going to argue over €20 so I paid up, but I find this kind of thing unnecessarily annoying. It is little things like this that make you less inclined to recommend.

However I cannot fault the class so far, Eva is very good and very patient. I was exhausted when I got home and slept for 2 hours! A very good (apart from the €20 issue) day so far!

He acabado la primera semana de aprender español en El Medano! Estoy muy cansada después de aprender español durante tres horas cada día.

No doubt I will look back on this and be very embarrassed by my bad grammar, but basically what im saying is that I have now finished my first week of intensive Spanish language course in El Medano, I am also very tired after learning for 3 hours each day! The first day was very difficult but as the week went on it became easier and much clearer, although I feel as though I have climbed a mountain! but very good going!

Hopefully next week will be even better, although there are only 4 days of school next week due to the carnival fiesta. I am also getting stuck into duolingo and Rosetta Stone as well, so is very good practice. The Spanish lady who runs our local bar now claims she cannot speak English anymore! and will only converse in Spanish with me lol, which is fabulous of course, and will keep me practicing what I have learned so far.

Hi Lynnangela, sorry I've had a hectic week and I've just seen your posts. First of all, I'm so glad you are enjoying the course and your grammar is great so don't worry! Eva has told me that you have improved leaps and bounds over the two weeks.

I wanted to write to apologise for the mix up about the inscription fee. After seeing your comment, we've just realised that the inscription fee only appears on the pages dealing with our English courses for Spanish people and not on the Spanish courses page as you've rightly picked up on. This has been a mistake in the web design and I've contacted the designer to change it immediately. I can only apologise for the mix up and offer you a refund of the 20€ or if you'd prefer, two hours of free private tuition for you or a friend (normal price would be 40€ for two hours).

I'll be away this weekend but we hope to see you at Chirinstones on Sunday 16th March to hear more about your days hanging around with Elton John

Re: Babel Language Academy 2 week beginners intensive course starting 24th February 2

Thanks Sam, the course was fantastic and I learned masses in a really short time. I think my brain is exploding!!

Re: Babel Language Academy 2 week beginners intensive course starting 24th February 2

Hi there,
    Will you be starting another beginners intensive course, as I realise you are nearly finished with this one and I only just found out about it !! Many thanks

I believe they run the courses regularly, just google the website for it, google babel academy and you will find it

Hi lynnagela.......I will do that ! Many thanks for that.....

Hi Gwillyns dream! Yeh, as lynnangela said we have intensive courses starting regularly for a variety of levels. We have an intermediate level course starting on Monday 17th March (still places left) and I have had some more email interest in a beginners course this month.

Would you be interested in a Beginners Course starting on Monday 24th March? If you are, please get in touch to sign up. You'll find all our contact information on the Babel Language Academy website. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by SamHenderson; 10-03-2014 at 22:52.