Thread: We like the live music in Tenerife

We like the live music in Tenerife

The great attraction of Tenerife is the weather and for us, particularly, escaping the northern winter. It's less than 2000 miles due south to that beautiful winter sun. Although there are other holiday destinations in the Canaries, we haven't found there, the variety and quality of music that Tenerife has. Now, there's no accounting for taste. What we think is great music, someone else would run a mile from and visa versa.
    The resort which takes in Las Americas and Los Christianos is quite big. There are so many bars and restaurants that have live music. There is something for almost everyone. Some of these musicians are very talented and some others are not so, but that's only my opinion. One thing is probably true for almost all of them, they struggle to make a living at it.
    We would like to start a thread dedicated to live music in Tenerife. Who plays what type of music when and where and we'd like to start with some of our own favourites.
    We like rock/blues and good acoustic guitar with a spanish flavour. There are several rock bands who play in Tenerife, but the only one who stack up for us are 'Black Hole'. At the moment they play in Harleys bar/restaurant (down hill, heading north from San eugino shopping mall about 200m) sunday, monday and tuesday nights and fridays in route 66 in los gigantos. there is also a great young guitar player playing at great little italy restaurant called La Brochette on Fanabe promenade.
    So let's get posting. particularity when something new turns up.

Re: We like the live music in Tenerife

There's a good guitarist playing right now in the blue Luna cafe.

Re: We like the live music in Tenerife

Vagabonds- great band - Bulls head bar in Las Americas. Mostly classic rock. Always get the croud going. On every night till 1am. Bout time they tried a few new tunes, but you would probably only say that after seeing them as many times as I have