Thread: Secondhand mountain bike needs repairs. Where can I get them done?

Secondhand mountain bike needs repairs. Where can I get them done?

Hi. I bought a Secondhand Mountain Bike at the weekend. I got it for a lot less that I expected to pay as the gears were not working properly. Unfortunately the cables and gear levers need replacing and I don't have the tools and parts available as I would have had back home.

could anyone suggest someone or somewhere cheap that I could either get the parts or if I gave them the bike they could give it a full service and change the cables at set the gears up etc.

I'm on the Golf Del Sur but can get it anywhere in the south

Tim

In them there hills!

Re: Secondhand mountain bike needs repairs

There is a bike shop with a bike mechanic on the row of shops across the road from the National Police Station at Las Americas, just a few doors along from the Farmacia.

Also one on the main street at San Isidro as you go up the hill on the right hand side and one at Guaza by the bus stop just up from the Jocar rent a van office.
    Man and Van Service, Single items to Full house Removals. Best prices and Best Service
    Furniture and Household Items Bought and Sold.
    Full house clearances urgently wanted

PM me for more info

Re: Secondhand mountain bike needs repairs. Where can I get them done?

Andy 0210 is talking about bike point in las Americas. They also have a shop on el medano if that is closer for you? I can't recommend them highly enough. Really helpful and very reasonable on price. I wouldn't go anywhere else x

Thanks for the replies.

I know about Bike Point but was not sure if they would have been more expensive as the tend to deal with the more expensive of bikes. This one is only a Btwin (Decathlon) Rockrider. It is a full suspension one but the cheaper range. Looks good but I only want it for local stuff.
    Thanks Tim

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the replies.

I know about Bike Point but was not sure if they would have been more expensive as the tend to deal with the more expensive of bikes. This one is only a Btwin (Decathlon) Rockrider. It is a full suspension one but the cheaper range. Looks good but I only want it for local stuff.
    Thanks Tim

Bikepoint will still be happy to work on your bike. Hubby and I have a few different bikes between us..... 1 is very old and was a really cheap bike when knew but they do any repairs that hubby can't do. Give them a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed x