Thread: What Internet speed can I expect in San Isidro?

What Internet speed can I expect in San Isidro?

I've been speaking to MoviStar about broadband in San Isidro and they say the usual "up to 10 Mb" but they say the exchange needs upgrading and I will more than likely get 1 Mb. Can anyone in San Isidro tell me if they have a faster connection and who they are with please? I need DSL or Fibre rather than 4G.

Thanks in advance.

Re: What Internet speed can I expect in San Isidro?

Well we,ve been with movistar/telefonica or whatever they call themselves since we moved here over 3 years ago and we are on the "up to 10 mgs etc' so in view of what you,ve said I just did 2 speed checks (I never know how to copy them onto here!). First a disappointing 7.01 and then a 7.89. Actually, from time to time we get nearer 9 but of course I,m on my VPN which will slow down the connection so I don,t know what rubbish you,ve been told. One thing you must bear in mind has to be how close you are to a junction box, or whatever they are called.

That's great news. Many thanks.

Ended up with 2.5 Mbps at the northern end of San Isidro. The engineer said that 3 Mbps was the max sync speed up here. Apparently I'd need to be further in to the town to get the higher speeds you have Timmy. Still can't grumble with 2.5 Mbps per line when there are still people getting under 1 Mbps here.

Well I,m confused even more now!
    I am not based 'in town' but on the very edge of the town about 1 km up from Lidl on the busy road out ot of SI towards Granadilla.

Tenerifian

Granadilla

i live in Chimiche further up than San isidro and get a good 8+ most of the time. I use a VPN for all my Uk tv and have had no problems at all.

Sounds like you're not far from me Timmy. How odd. Do you have any idea where the Exchange is in SI? Suzanne are you with Movistar too?