Hello everyone, I'm Frants from Denmark and I've just gotten a job in Santa Cruz and I'll be moving there on Tuesday (Yeah!).
I've been lurking for little over a month now, since that's when I first got contacted about the job (such a long wait, especially as the weather here turns to autumn). I've also been learning Spanish, glad it wasn't in vain I can heartily recommend DuoLingo to anyone interested in learning a language.
I'll probably have a ton of questions and I'll post them in the relevant subs.
Basically I'll be looking for a place to stay (apartment/share) in the region of 200-450 euro a month and up to 10-15km from the Taco area (where I'll be working). Been looking for hours (so many places, so cheap!) and I guess it's better to wait till I'm there to pick one.

I have an electric bike that I would love to bring here, but it's darn near impossible. The best way seems to pack it in two and send it via PostDanmark (dk's royal mail). I can see that shipping in general is difficult, which is a bummer, since I order a lot of stuff from the UK. Guess I'll just ship it to DK and get it sent down by mail.

Thank you to all members, I've learned a lot through this forum.
Can't wait to not freeze anymore :P