Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your help is appreciated making Tenerife more accessible to disabled people

walsall

Re: Your help is appreciated making Tenerife more accessible to disabled people

i never really noticed the problem until we started taking our niece on holiday with us,you are soooo restricted to what you can do and where you can go,even to the point of having to retrace your steps to be able to accommodate anyone with you on a mobility scooter,there are so many places we wanted to visit a few weeks ago but the only options we had was to either get an expensive taxi or leave my niece by the pool on her own or ask someone to keep an eye on her for us,don't get me wrong she is a healthy very attractive 21 year old with the mind of a 41 year old,it is just her limbs that let her down as she was born with a rare condition called arthrogryposis,there was a girl on american x factor a few years ago with it if anyone saw it? it is also very annoying to see so many people staring at her on the scooter,it's as if no one has ever seen a girl of her age disabled,it's like a bloody freak show sometimes,so much so she had a shouting match in leo's last week with a couple of women that took great pleasure in staring and pointing at her as if she was part of the entertainment,anyway rant over,so if there is an online petition or the like to sign count me in

Tenerifian

Granadilla

maybe Oasis radio or Canarian weekly paper will take it up for you. Also you could try *************.com her website is brilliant and I am sure she will pount you in the right direction. Also a complaint to Titsa is a must.
    My mum (bless her ) was disabled so i know how frustrating it must be. I wish you all the best with this crusade and I am sure its just starting.

This is why I started the thread with saying everyone could be in this position. Residents who live there may have a stroke, a fall, a heart condition and so on.
    It's something that can happen to any family whether be it yourself that struggles or a family member who is disabled comes to visit or wants to come on holiday with you.

Disability is no respecter of age I'm afraid.

When I've marshalled my thoughts and decided where it's best to write to I'd love it if we get an email set up that everyone could send

But please do keep the suggestions coming , I don't like to keep banging about this

BUT

one day it could be you!

I emailed the lady in question and I didn't get as much help as I thought I would btw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12