Thread: How can we get rid of smelly drains in Tenerife?

How can we get rid of smelly drains in Tenerife?

Is there a plumber who can tell me how to overcome my problem. I live on the 10th floor of an apartment block of 12 floors. We come over for the winter for a few months. The problem is we seem to have this smelly drain. What i don´t understand is you have traps on the toilet, and sinks so where is the smell coming from. When we drain the water from the kitchen sink, you can hear it gurgling in the sink in the bathroom. We don´t have a bath only a shower. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Re: smelly drains

you should have a round silver cover in the floor. Un-screw it run the tap and check to see if the flow is OK in the trap. You can try and rod it from there if blocked.

It is not unknown for the pipes themselves not to be running at an angle and having stale/smelly water sitting there; also it is rare but there may not be a separate sewer pipe, i.e. all waste going down the same pipes.
    As said above check the waste at the "silver cover", clear any blockages and run hot water whilst it is open to ensure it empties OK, this will also help clear the pipes.
    Richard & Theresa

North Wales borders

There can be a Pipe from Top to bottom all waste water etc goes into.

If so, there is usually a diamond shaped piece which, when unscrewed leaves an inspection hole.

If the Gasket is perished, or the screws are loose that too would produce the smell.