Thread: Iceland rip off coupons from their customers!

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

Iceland rip off coupons from their customers!

what up everybody!!
    the other day my dad got a coupon from iceland in his inbox. he print it out. and today we went shopping at iceland in las chafias. my dad show the coupon to me saying that only tuesday and wednesdays if you spent more then 15 euros show the ticket to the cafe bar. and get a free coffee or tea with a mince pie. my dad said you can have it. oh wow thanks!! anyway we spend bout allmost 40 euros at iceland. after we pay and got the ticket my dad said we just have to show this with the coupon to the cafe bar to get the free tea, and mince pie. and what do you know? they said you have to show us the coupon first before we ring you up. really?? over what a 2.50 free tean and mince pie?? where on the coupon it said show this to the cashier first it does not said that. it just said take your ticket after puchese and coupon to cafe bar. so i have to show the coupon to the cashier first then ring up by stuff after over 15 euros and do it again at the cafe bar. sorry!! iceland it´s not even worth that much hassle over 2.50 euros drink and mince pie. and yet they wondor why did losing their loyal customers very quick!!! next time iceland print that in your coupons show cashier first beside these surprizes!!!

Edgeley, Stockport

Re: iceland rip off coupons on their customers!!

Well pointed out..coupons should state all the terms and conditions. Mike (RIP) and I have used emailed coupons from Iceland in the past with no trouble, but they were for "money off" if you spent 'x' amount of euros on shopping at a time. Perhaps the management should bow down on this one..........and honour all coupons presented and accept that they have made an error. Have you tried talking to the manager or supervisor of the store? They are usually very co-operative.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

Re: Iceland rip off coupons from their customers!

i might do that next time. i allmost did the other day. but why complented over a 0.25 mince pie?

Edgeley, Stockport

We had a problem the other year...we not only had our money back but the most co-operative and most courteous service from the staff at Los Cristianos............don't mowed mounth them here until you have spoken to the management there!

Super Tenerifian

spain, uk and tenerife

...........just a thought.

I thought the cafes in overseas Icelands were separate franchises from the main Iceland shop ?

If this were the case I could see the point in showing the voucher at the till when doing the main shopping as they ie Iceland would be paying for this free mince pie/tea rather than the cafe as its an Iceland offer rather than the cafes.

The till receipt would presumably show the person qualified for a free mince pie/tea ie spent enough !

Of course there are other options they could adopt ie show your receipt and email at the cafe ! and the cafe to charge it back to Iceland.

But if this is the route Iceland have taken it should have been made clear on the email that you present the email at the till during your main shop, sadly I have deleted my email so cant see what it says.

I cant believe I am writing about a free mince pie and a cup of tea !!!

I don't know what you are all whinging about, at least you got an e-mail, I have never had a one in 10 years of shopping there.