Hello all,

This is my first post, so be gentle with me!

My wife and I love Tenerife and are looking into moving out there. We are doing our groundwork and research first and not rushing into anything - we have given ourselves a timeframe of 5-10 years to get the preparations done, money saved, and wind down our more major connections with the UK.

There is one thing that will have a big bearing on how we approach our move, and that is the fact that I am deaf, with a cochlear implant. Currently I attend an audiology clinic here in the UK which handles my processor (like a hearing aid) and supplies, and at the moment I have no idea whether I would be entitled to anything similar with the Spanish health services if we were to move to Tenerife. So at the moment we have two choices; (1) work and pay tax in Tenerife, use the Spanish health services and pay through the nose if I'm not entitled to any help with my processor, which we probably couldn't afford, or (2) split our time between the UK and Tenerife and continue to pay taxes to the UK government, which means I would continue to be entitled to care on the NHS.

Anyone got any helpful information? I am trying to sift through Spanish forums for any information, but it's slow going as I am still learning Spanish and, in any case, information on these forums may not be applicable to an ex-pat.

Thanks in advance,
Borg