Thread: What are the internet options in Costa Adeje?

What are the internet options in Costa Adeje?

Hi, what are my internet options in Costa Adeje? My apartment doesnt have a phone line, so ADSL is not an option for me.

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio

Re: Internet options in Costa Adeje

I purchased a Vodafone mifi from A1 computers in San Eugenio, cost me 55 euros then 20 euro top up for 2 GB for 30 days. Works wonderfully well . I had no idea how long 2 GB would last but find after two weeks I've generally only used half of the allowance. Tend not to use Skype or watch tv as I was advised this would zap the usage but for e mail, facebook general internet surfing, free calls via facebook messenger its proved great. I no longer have to call in bars just to use wifi as I take the device with me everywhere. Only downside is if left switched on permanently battery needs re charging after about 4-5 hours.

Super Tenerifian

Lancaster, England

If you get a SIM on Orange with the Ballena tarriff, it's €8.50 for 1GB or 30 days whichever comes first. If you use that up, you can buy additional gigabytes for €8.50 each as many times as you like during the month.

Orange lets you use a Ballena SIM in any device (MiFi, phone, iPad, etc) so you can use it as your Spanish phone SIM and also to tether your laptop. The card itself has what I think is the longest expiry of any Spanish SIM (12 months from the date of last top-up) so even if you only visit once per year you can keep the same SIM card and the same Spanish phone number from year to year.

Thank you for replies. Its really useful to know.

Anyone knows what are the costs for ADSL and min rental terms in case my new apartament has a phone line? I bought lebara sim card and you get 2gb for 14 eur / month.

Re: What are the internet options in Costa Adeje?

Are vodafone offers and terms similar? 6 months min contract? It's unfortunate vodafone.es doesn't have English version, I could rely on google translator but I will try to visit them in person in Gran Sur.