Thread: Moviestar On Strike? . . . .So Say Direct Telecom!

Winter Gardens

Moviestar On Strike? . . . .So Say Direct Telecom!

I use the Direct Telecom TV Package, with Moviestar phone line rental and broadband, on the one bill.

However, I need to move to a new apartment at the end of this month, so I called DT to ask if they could get Moviestar to move the phone line to the new apartment, so that I might continue with their package. They told me that Moviestar had been on strike for some time already, and were still on strike.

They said it could take at least a month, as there was a backlog, but they couldn't say when the strike might end. I'm very dependent on the internet and don't know what to do, the strike could continue for a long time.

I know that British Telecom offer a service here, but I believe that they are dependent on Moviestar to get things done, as Moviestar are the Spanish owners of the Telephone system here.

I really don't know what to do, does anyone have any suggestions?

Winter Gardens

Re: Moviestar On Strike? . . . .So Say Direct Telecom!

Thank you Stewartk, perhaps an MiFi dongle, as you suggest might be sticking plaster solution, until the strike is resolved. I'm not up to speed on dongles, I guess they use satellites for their signal. I just wonder how secure they are for online banking?

In the meantime I must do some research into which dongle offers the best deal for the price. And whether the new apartment in the Golf del Sur has a view of Guaza Mountain, and if it has, just how much Airfibre charge for what sounds like a sophisticated techno thing.

Either way, many thanks!

Puerto de la Cruz

Re: Moviestar On Strike? . . . .So Say Direct Telecom!

I only get 2.45 and pay for 10 with Movistar but it is the upload .018 when I done a speed check today it is really affecting my computer I will see if I can get an answer from them when I telephone