Thread: Ready for this?

Originally from London but now between Essex and Los Cristianos

Ready for this?

Went to tax my car in LC the other day. Took everything with me including the kitchen sink. Waited for one and a half hours as you do. Taxed the car no problems. Paid my 50€ and requested to pay in future by direct debit, and that's when the fun starts.
    Had to go to another counter. They wanted my bank IBAN No. That's the only detail I didn't have on me. So off we trotted to Barclay's. With a queue out of the door we waited an hour.
    The lady wanted to see my passport, luckily I carried a copy, he he, no fly's on me.
    Then I was informed that as the bank is moving they are updating all info so they need to have copies of both our passports, dam! Also I was informed that my old lawyer was still on my account as power of attorney. To remove her I would have to go to a Notory.
    Anyway off we pops back with the IBAN No. To the council to complete the direct debbit which we did after another hour wait.
    Next day to the Notory we went and completed the contract that we had to show to the bank. Paid our 62€ fee and left. After being told that we also have to inform our old lawyer what has been done.
    Back to the bank on the end of another hour long queue. Finally sorted.
    Third day trying to track down our old lawyer from ten years ago. Found her in Granadilla but no answer to her office or phone. That's it, I've called it a day, I'm going to email her and that's it.
    So after three days I am exhausted.
    In the UK I can do all of that online in minutes.
    Dont you just love the Spanish way of life.

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio

Re: Ready for this?

Great isn't it , at least you're doing it in relatively warm and pleasant weather and obviously got the time to do it. I spent a whole morning once going backwards and forwards between Cultural house in Los Cristianos and BBVA bank, saw a couple of different people in each place who were all giving different info about how to get an IBI paid. Friend who was with me said it was our fault as we didn't have fluent Spanish, but I'm not convinced !

London

I went to my bank (caixa) in PDLA in December and the lady at the counter told me my old lawyer was on my account with power of attorney and did I want her removed......I said yes.....she tapped away on her computer for 10 seconds and said all done!

It,s a strange world

Originally from London but now between Essex and Los Cristianos

Well I know for another time. Why do we get so much conflicting information
    They even wanted to charge me to inform the Lawyer. But I said I would do it
    All useless.