Thread: Reclaiming tax when only worked for 4 months in spain 2014

Exclamation Reclaiming tax when only worked for 4 months in spain 2014

Hi everyone

I am at my worlds ends, dealing with the official support for tax reclaiming.

We are quite a few people working for a company and been working for this company since September 2014

Many of us has yet to reach out to the beauty of the spanish language yet so we need some help in regard to this.

We are about 10 persons located in Santa Cruz. and have yet to receive any of our money back. its a big amount of money and i hate the thought of spanish goverment taking them hostage when we have all the necessary paperwork done.

most of us are none Residentials meaning that we do not have the green card or paper that proof our resident status, we do have our NIE number so and other information.

I already consulted a lot of people on this subject but yet so far has been able to find the right help.

What we are told at the Tax office is that due to amount of days less than 180 days / 6 months in 2014, the spanish goverment will not be able to support the tax reclaim, they say we need to go to the country we worked more than 6 months. so in my case that would be Ireland.

i have taken the appropriate actions but have yet to get a clear response from Ireland Revenue, Could any kind soul on this forum help me further along.
    it would be much appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

UPDATE :

Ireland Revenue says they never would deal with anything in regard to Claiming taxes in 2014 from Spain.

So now it seriously just sounds like they are bull****ting me on the tax office.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -
    Last edited by webcider; 23-06-2015 at 11:25.

Re: Reclaiming tax when only worked for 4 months in spain 2014

If the same as UK rules, which I think most of Europe is. You have to have proof that you were out of the country you paid tax in, for 183 days. Proof being dated receipts for purchases, tickets, boarding passes etc etc, documented in chronological order. (normally an excel spread sheet). This allows you to pay your tax in the other country, but one way or the other you will pay tax.

It obviously won't be as simple as that.
    Last edited by delderek; 23-06-2015 at 14:40.

Ehm would my apartment recepts work or bank transactions from my irish bank?

that seems the most logical way to have proof.

Why would i need to prove that?

BTW is there any one who know a cheap translator to hire?
    we need a english to Spanish translator that can help with the local tax agency which is refusing to speak with us through google translate.

Puerto de la Cruz

Canarybird may see this she has a friend who is an official translator

El Hierro

I use an accountant for tax purposes, he is an Spanish person who also speaks English based in Los Cristianos, perhaps you should find a similar person, saves a lot of hassle.