Thread: somewhere to eat on sunday

somewhere to eat on sunday

So we're coming in on a Saturday midnight to Tenerife and we hope to get transportation to Globales Aquarios hotel in Tenerife noord.
    But then we'll wake up to a sunday morning.
    Without any grocery stores open will there be a cheap place nearby that we could eat that is OPEN ON SUNDAY?
    Also do they have Delivery service like Domino's Pizza or Pizza hut there and do they work on Sunday's?
    I'll hope we could find a way not to starve that Sunday.
    And how cold does Tenerife North get?
    Does it ever get below 15 degrees Centigrade?

Re: somewhere to eat on sunday

Have a look at Google Street View for the area. It looks like some bars and restaurants are at the back of the hotel. It's a tourist area so mini markets and bars, restaurants and cafes will be open on a Sunday. The centre of the resort isn't far away either. You can get deliveries of Pizza ask at the hotel reception for the contact details for a pizza place. I don't know what the weather is like there, I am in the South but it's Summer and I would expect it to be warmer than 15 degrees.
    www.tenerifeforum.com

Newbury, Berkshire, UK

Re: somewhere to eat on sunday

you haven't said where in the north you are staying, the north of the island is pretty big, possibly it's Puerto de la Cruz? You will always find plenty of places open on a Sunday in large tourist areas, such as Puerto, but when you go to smaller towns such as Icod de los Vinos (which is our local town of choice) then most places close on a Sunday, other than restaurants and the bakery which seems to open almost all of the time, and even some smaller supermarkets open for a couple of hours on a Sunday - you need to check the opening hours on the shop doors. The first thing you should be doing is making yourself aware of what facilities are available local to you, but your hotel reception will be able to help you a lot with that. You must check out how you are going to get from the airport to your resort, though, as if you take a taxi at the airport, this will be really expensive - again check out if your hotel offers a transfer service. Do as much internet research as possible before you go, I agree with the Moderator's response that Google earth (street view) is such a good start. If you are likely to use the bus service (which is very good) then check out the Titsa website, you can get it translated by Google if you don't speak Spanish. Good luck with your research and enjoy your holiday