Thread: Claiming UK state pension from Tenerife

Tenerifian

Torviscas Alto

Claiming UK state pension from Tenerife

Hi, Has anyone recently claimed there UK state pension through the Spanish system ? I have lived in Tenerife for 10 years, and worked on a 10 hour contract for about 4 years on and off, because the employer pays the social sometimes mine was not getting paid, so I found out later. I can now claim my UK state pension, but according to the form have to do so here although I do not think I am entitled to a Spanish pension, but have paid social here. I do not have a problem with this other than I was told it could take 8 months to process , my pension date is 6th Nov 2015. What am I meant to survive on meanwhile. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: claiming UK state pension from tenerife

It took ages for mine and my wifes pensions to arrive but they were backdated.my wife was entitled to a Spanish pension and went to a solicitor to get it for her as there were loads of hoops for her to jump thro' but eventually she received it and that to was backdated.It seems like the 8 months you quoted seem about right.

Tenerifian

Torviscas Alto

Thanks for that. Did you get your UK pension when you were meant to, I know it was backdated but was it backdated to the date you were given from the UK ? Also can I apply for mine now 3 months before it is due ? So that would be only 5 months after the due date I would have to wait.

Yes from when I applied for my pension it was 4 months until I received it backdated.I should think you could allpy for it now.Good luck.