Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are we being realistic?

Re: Are we being realistic?

Great, thank you so much for the advice. Sorry, I am a little confused about the shipping items over? I can't get the nie before we arrive and the shipping container will be arriving a few days later. Will there be issues at customs if we have not yet got this? How long does it take, is it a case of queue for a day? I have been through so many websites collecting information and they all seem to have different advice! Also, do you have any advice about what to do at this end. I know the usual stuff, inform tax office, get medical history etc. If you would be happy to you can email me so long as I am not being a pest!

I've not actually received my goods yet, they were collected over a month ago and have yet to leave the uk so am not sure but as far as i'm aware you need at least the nie then you need to go to the hacienda and fill out a form to make it 'live'. They also give you some bar codes for the paperwork. You will need to queue at the police station around 7.30am to get the nie but will be done that day. The hacienda visit also only took half hour or so. Your shipping company this end should be able to advise you.
    I had the same problem with conflicting info on the internet. Once your here it's much easier. There's only so much you can do in the uk!
    The only thing i would say is get your childrens vaccination records from the GP as some schools require this.
    Am not an expert by any means but happy to answer any questions you have, anything i can do to help having just been through it all!

Hmm, the shipping company haven't mentioned anything! they said they would collect here and deliver it to our rental there 5 days later? If we ever find a rental that is! Most we are not getting any responses from and given that we don't know hardly any Spanish yet! Are your children in Spanish schools? I was worried about them falling behind and looking into the international school for the first year?
    Your help is greatly appreciated!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Also, do you have to pay any customs clearance fees for the dogs if you are within the hours? thanks!

The fees i believe are based on weight. Our dog is a boxer and cost about 30 euros on collection for handling fees.
    My shipping company collected my belongings on the basis there was a boat once every four weeks and that if i'd just missed one it would go on the next one and then spend 5 days at sea. That was 5 weeks ago. Now they tell me they don't have enough people's belongings to fill a container so i will have to wait.
    My daughter is 11 and we have a place at Wingate from September and she's currently attending the Callao learning centre in Callao Salvaje with a few extra Spanish lessons too.
    There are plenty of children here who go to the Spanish schools but we decided on following the British cirriculum was the best option for us. Both her schools are fee paying.
    I feel your pain regarding the rental. I emailed 20+ companies and got replies from about 3!
    Are you looking in the South? If so the ones that replied to me were Delta and Morfitt. Both very professional and helpful.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If you are looking in the south i believe there are some rentals available on our complex, 3 bed furnished and unfurnished and they allow dogs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234