Thread: Native English volunteer required for English Reading Club in Candelaria

Native English volunteer required for English Reading Club in Candelaria

Is there anyone who would be happy to assist a group of English-speaking locals who have just formed a reading club in Candelaria library Tuesday evenings? It would ideally suit a retired person or any keen reader who is available. A pleasant way to spend an evening and to meet new people!

Re: Native English volunteer required for English Reading Club in Candelaria

Hiya, what exactly does this entail?

Toto 99's Favourite Malteser Monkey's Avatar

Wales

Bump..............

Hi there, Well at present it's a group of 4 people (which hopefully will increase in number) who meet up once a week to practise their English. They do this by talking about certain books that they agree to read or by finding other fun ways to improve their speaking skills. So really they need someone to assist them with upper level English. A lot of people have studied a lot of English grammar and theory at Language schools and badly need to just put it into practice to gain fluency.

Do you teach English

Yes I do, but don't live near Candelaria. The volunteer doesn't need to be able to teach though.

Playa paraíso - Tenerife

Hello,
    My name is Chiara, I am Australian and I have been teaching English for about a year or so, and I do love to read. Its a shame that Candelaria is quite far away from me. Any chance of a group like this in Tenerife south?

Hi Chiara,

I personally don`t know of any but I'd imagine there would be some interest if anyone decided to set one up. The lady running this one uses the adapted "good reads" which are short and easy to read and come together with comprehension and grammar questions and looks pretty good to me. Worth a try maybe?

Playa paraíso - Tenerife

Yes true thanks! I will look into it