Thread: I can't find any postal stamps in Las Galletas

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

I can't find any postal stamps in Las Galletas

whatīs up everybody? just want to said i canīt belive the postal office in las gallentas!! today i went there to buy some stamps to mail a few letters to america. i know it take a euro to mail a letter over there. anywho, i went in and i want to buy 25 euros worth in stamps. so i got my number after waiting 45 mins. i ask the lady i need stapms 25 euros to mail some letters to america. so she went to the back i hear her asking people do you have any stamps for a euro. her co-workers said no. she came back and told me. i said o.k. i buy stamps that worth 0.50,0.60 or what ever makes up the value for euro stamp. so she left and came with her boss. saying we donīt have euro stamps. i told her i know let me buy diffenct stamps and i make out a euro for it. then she ask me what the stamps for? (odd,) i told her my dad wants to mail a few letters to america. she reply: what they going to america for? (really, when does the post office ask you questions like good cop bad cop) i reply so my dad can pay his bills for america. she reply we donīt have no stamps to sell. your dad have to bring the letters here so we can weight them and put the postal sticker on them. really? you donīt have noooooo stamps at all. and its now the busiest time of the year and you donīt have no stamps. she reply no stamps people have to bring their letters here so we weight them and put the sticken on. i canīt belive this? so if there stamp collecters out there wants to buy stamps they canīt buy stamps. what a piece of beep beep!! in los cristanos i can buy stamps. but not here? how pathic las gallents postal service is. no stamps at all!! and worse wants to know where the letters going and why? thanks but now on im doing my service in los cristanos!!! in all the postal offices i went thru my life you can buy stamps...

Super Tenerifian

Lancaster, England

Re: no postal stamps in Las Galletas?...really!!!!

No stamps? Anyone would think the post office was a government bureaucracy that doesn't need to make a profit or provide a service!

Central Scotland

Re: no postal stamps in Las Galletas?...really!!!!

When we post letters from Scotland to America I'd take them in to post office, they get weighted and frank stamped
    If I only had loose stamps I'd have to guess correct postage
    Might that be the message Las Galletas staff were trying to convey ?
    Best of luck getting your stamps [MENTION=1848]henry[/MENTION]