Hi all.

Sure you've seen this type of post a Million times before.

I've got a 5 year plan to move over to tenerife.

I've been to the island a few times over the years all year round, and I've loved it. But obviously only stayed in the tourist resorts.

Anyways, I am able to save £50k within the next 5 years (I know property prices fluctuate so this advice may be useless come then, however I'd like a relative idea of what I can expect.

I'm single, no kids, no debts and no real ties keeping me here. the family that are here, I will visit regularly through the year.

I guess the absolute ideal in terms of a job out there would be something involving English language, so maybe working in a local hospital, hotel, local business etc. I also plan to learn spanish in the meantime whilst saving so by that point I should have good Spanish skills too. I have qualifications in Administration, Customer Services, IT, English and Maths.

I would like to buy a property rather than let, as it is a long term ambition to set up my life over there.

I know 50k is not a lot of money, however I have found a few semi detached houses (2-3 bed) within this budget. Mainly in a place called san Juan de la Rambla.

I haven't heard of the area, but I am aware that it is only around an hour away from the likes of Los Cristianos, and being a small island it isn't far from most of the common British populated areas.

However, obviously I would like to be somewhere that has a bit of a british touch, a few brits would ease the culture shock for me I think.

Nightlife isn't a big deal to me really, I don't party much, I prefer sightseeing and maybe visiting the odd sports bar, as well as dining out from time to time, but I do not mind travelling a bit for that if the property prices are significantly less elsewhere.

So to summarise,

I'll be 27, skilled in customer services, IT and Administration, with an excellent English vocabulary and a good knowledge of Spanish,

looking for a 2-3 bedroom property, anywhere in Tenerife, with a bit of a British feel (british neighbours or a popular-ish destination for tourists)

that can be a house, however I am open to 2-3 bedroom Mobile homes (static caravans) as long as they are relatively spacious. I've seen a few of these for as little as 25k, and obviously being in a caravan park, there are amenities there, pool, sports and a "community feel" with at least a handful of Brits being there too.

Am I being realistic or a dreamer?

I don't have anything to ship over, my life can be packed in a suitcase and backpack.

Thanks guys! and merry christmas and best wishes for the new year.

Stephen