Thread: Resident of Spain with NIE

Resident of Spain with NIE

Hello All,

I am a resident of Spain with NIE number, I will be arriving in Tenerife on the 1st February 2016 first renting for a few months to have a good look around, and then hopefully to buy a property.
    Obviously I would have to go to the town hall to register that I am in Tenerife, what would happen to my NIE and Resident card that I have, would this have to be changed for a Tenerife NIE and resident permit.
    I understand that once you have a resident permit for Tenerife that you can have a discount on flights etc, would this entail as mentioned above a new resident card, or just an extra card together with my Spanish resident card.
    Also any help would be appreciated if anyone could point me to a good English Speaking Lawyer that can sort out tax papers.

Thank you
    Delboy

Re: Resident of Spain with NIE

There are no longer any cards issued, haven’t been for some while. I would have expected if you have one from the peninsula it would be past it's expiry date.
    If you have an electronic id for your empadronmiento all the certificates are free, you just log on and download whichever one you need.
    Richard & Theresa