Thread: Details of schools in English wanted

Details of schools in English wanted

Hello,my name is LUCIAN PANESCU and I want to move to Tenerife in this year with my family. We leave in Dublin-Ireland at the moment ,and our son is 6 years old.I am looking for schools in english.Any info or details are much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Irelan moving to Tenerife in the Summer

Re: schools in english

Hi Lucian! This is Claudia, new to the forum and also planning to move to Tenerife in the Summer with my family. Also from Dublin! Can I join you in the post. My daugther is in secundary school and I am wondering too if there any school with english in the island.

Callao Salvaje

No replies to this yet.

I came to Tenerife to retire so do not know much about schools but I do know of two schools in the south of the island.

Wingate School in Cabo Blanco and The Callao Learning Centre in Callao Salvaje.

Perhaps you could get more information if you Google the names of these two schools or something like "British schools in Tenerife" or "English Schools in Tenerife"

It should come up with the names of schools, addresses and telephone numbers including any information about them.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Lucian.

Regarding a 6 year old. I think most people would advise to put your son into a Spanish school at that age.

Thanks a mil for your reply Mia. I wondering if you can tell me what areas of the island have more concentration of english speakers.
    Thanks again!

Callao Salvaje

QUOTE=claudiagutipas;517704]Thanks a mil for your reply Mia. I wondering if you can tell me what areas of the island have more concentration of english speakers.
    Thanks again![/QUOTE]

You Say English Speaking rather than just English or British residents. I live in Callao Salvaje and although there is a mixture of nationalities a lot of them speak English. A lot of the residents are British. I say British because we know a few Irish, Welsh and Scottish people.

I would say the south west coast from Golf del Sur to Callao Salvaje have the biggest concentration of English Speakers. Further up the coast Playa San Juan and Alcala are more Spanish. You will find there are less English speakers in the north of the island. Although I think Puerto del a Cruz has quite a few.

Unfortunately I have found that living in an area where many speak English you do not seem to learn much Spanish which is really a bad thing. We try to use Spanish but they realise we are English and just reply in English if they speak it. I sometimes find this frustrating because I do not get much chance to try my Spanish as it easier to go along with them and resort to the language you know.

Gracias Mia por la informacion. Cuando este alli puedes practicar conmigo Take care!

Re: Details of schools in English wanted

I moved away from the island in 2011 my son was born there he really wants to learn Spanish and is keen to go to a public school we want to move back but worried he won’t understand his classes do they help with this