Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobility scooter hire in Playa de Las Americas

Re: mobility scooter hire in playa de las americas

My husband uses a mobilty scooter he bought online in the UK from a company called Betterlife, part of the Lloyds Pharmacy group. It cost about £400 and takes apart into 5 pieces which fit into our car boot.

We found that easyJet take scooters and wheelchairs free of charge to Tenerife. The scooter is driven to the plane at Gatwick, and a helper puts it into the hold. At Tenerife South, we wait in the plane until the scooter is delivered to the door of the plane, and off we go. When taken apart, the scooter fits into taxis and hire cars so transport is no problem.

Best of all, it costs us nothing!

Do you have to take the battery off the scooter when you leave it? We have had luggage damaged through an airline and its so difficult to get any compensation so are scared to take it abroad on a plane. We are not going through easyjet though. The scooter is my sons lifeline so cant afford to have it damaged.

When we were queuing at the gate, a staff member met us He stayed with us until we got to the door of the plane where we left the scooter in his charge. He then drove it away to be loaded into the hold. So the battery had to stay on the scooter for the journey

After landing at Tenerife we had to wait on board until the scooter was driven up to the door of the plane.

I can understand your concern about having the scooter damaged, but
    the service at both Gatwick and Tenerife South was brilliant, and the scooter was undamaged! We shall definitely be doing it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12