Thread: Relocating

Relocating

Hi all.

After having several holidays in tenerife, i have made the decision to relocate. I have a plan to rent for 6 months or so to gety bearings and make sure it is the right move for me, before I sell my house and purchase one in tenerife. I am 40 years old and have been a chef for more that half of that (crikey that makes me feel old!). I would like some advice on how to make this change as easy as possible. I am single with no children which I imagine makes things less complicated. My preferred area to live is in adeje however I will go anywhere I can find work. Would it be easy for a chef of my age to find decent employment with a contract?

Any advice is happily received.

Many thanks

Daniel

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I forgot to add my flight is booked for 24th March 2017. Although if I could secure employment before then I would be delighted to embark on this journey earlier.

Re: Relocating

You will find work as a chef but insist on a contract. Make sure it is a legal contract and not just some promise. You will get a message from social on your phone that you are registered and when you loose a job.

Please take into consideration that the busy time here is October to April, when all the swallows (pensioners) arrive. They are the ones still spending money outside the hotels. In May many places shut for holidays and except for the school holidays you will have many zero hours or no job.